Program Officer – Adolescent Development
The Program Officer for AD &ASST is responsible for ensuring quality programming specifically within the thematic focus on Adolescent Development and Adolescent Skills for Successful Transition of all the program sites of Luzon program office that contributes to the organization’s thematic advocacy and program innovation at the national level.
The position will and will closely coordinate with the Technical Adviser for Education at the National Office and other Program Officers of LPO and other program offices.
* Familiarity and experience with the concepts of inclusive education, disability, human rights, empowering civil society, local governance, children’s rights and child protection.
* Experience in partnership with and providing support to civil society groups - NGOs, community-based organizations or people’s organizations
* Experience in project management cycle
* Ability to develop new ideas and innovation; capacity to think strategically
* Preferably with a degree in Education, Community Development, Social Sciences or equivalent experience
* Can deal with various levels of stakeholders - from decision-makers to field level practitioners
* Has proven skills in program management, training/module design and delivery, and facilitation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Computer literate and adept in the use of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Can work well in highly stressful situations
* A team player, willing to work long hours toward the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
* Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives; willing to adopt Save the Children methodology and framework in program implementation; abide by and implement Save the Children’s Policies including Child Safety.
* Must have a high sense of urgency and well-developed work ethic.
Contract length: Fixed Term position until December 31, 2020 based in National Capital Region
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
City: National Capital Region
This vacancy is archived.