Operation Blessing International (OBI), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly skilled Production Chef who will manage safe food handling practices and provide quality food preparation for mass distribution in Operation Blessing’s Mobile Kitchens and U.S. Disaster Relief feeding operations.
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen and/or catering operation for large groups of people
· Knowledge of public health and food safety policies and practices
· Knowledge of federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Services, and the Food and Drug Administration
· Strong ability to become familiar with various state and local health department requirements
· Working knowledge of MSOffice and Internet
· Excellent ability to produce high volumes of quality food within difficult surroundings and under challenging circumstances
· Strong ability to assess resources, implement a plan and evaluate results
· Excellent decision making and organizational skills
· Self-starter with ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships across diverse groups of people
· Ability to train and lead a team of staff or volunteers
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice and /or for extended periods of time
· Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift up to 35 lbs.
· Must have valid driver’s license with a good DMV record
· Ability to make credit card purchases for OBI as needed
· ServSafe Manager’s Certification
· Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
A Charity you can trust!
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting https://www.ob.org/careers/production-chef/.