- Identify and assess the market environment in Singapore to effectively broker new partnerships with key investors and private sector actors for Malaysia CO and the region
- Identify emerging trends in private sector and philanthropy through which UNDP could have first mover’s advantage in financing partnerships.
- Map the key partners with regional or global presence in Singapore to collaborate with UNDP for sustainable business operations and alignment with the SDGs, including high-net-worth individuals and investment companies.
- Work closely with UNDP Malaysia and BRH Partnership Specialist to ensure the identified potential partners are aligned with UNDP due diligence policy and develop Risk Assessment Tools (RAT) with comprehensive information about the partner wherever required.
- Act as focal point for the coordination of UNDP regional engagement in relevant forum, platform or dialogue with national stakeholders. For global matters, act in close coordination with the Singapore Centre (e.g World Economic Forum)
- Identify new fundraising and partnerships activities for potential partners based in Singapore and develop a menu of services in close consultation with the UNDP Malaysia and BRH.
- Support UNDP Malaysia and BRH advocacy efforts and develop new pitch presentations, campaigns and targeted communications.
- Develop partnership proposals and pitching materials for strategic alliances and partnerships, for the targeted potential partners in Singapore.
- Support in preparation of materials for MOU, Financing Agreement or any other legal document to effectively onboard new partners based in Singapore.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team;
- Excellent analytical skills and the capacity to research independently and develop pipeline and business case for support;
- Strong reporting and writing abilities and good presentation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets with tight deadlines; and
- Capacity to establish and maintain excellent relationships with key partners.
- Professional experience with a UN agency, NGO, or other multilateral organization in mobilizing partnerships aimed at achieving a sustainable development agenda is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the development sector is a plus.
- Understanding of international development, international relations, or environmental and/or other relevant issues preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a complex multicultural and multinational environment strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build strong and sustainable relationships and capability to interact at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to deliver in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously, mixing long-term projects with the urgency of immediate demands.
- Ability to achieve actionable results.
- Ability to challenge, convince and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture, and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Strong conceptual thinking to develop new strategies & innovative projects.
- Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy.
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of UNDP and the SDGs.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience of working directly with the private sector in partnership development for UN, INGOs or development organizations on private sector fundraising, philanthropy and corporate social responsibility/sustainability.
- At least 3-5 years experience working in partnerships in Asia-Pacific, including private sector engagement on sustainable development issues and in building and brokering partnerships across the region
- At least 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in communications, advocacy and stakeholder engagement, and a proven track record of excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to mobilize support from a wide range of partner stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of Singapore’s ecosystem and networks of MNCs and HNI, and other private businesses.
- Knowledge and experience of UNDP and UN Common System, including rules and regulations of private partnerships.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months