Location: Ulaanbaatar, MN
|Dept. / Bus. Group||Manufacturing and Services|
|Business Unit||Manufacturing and Services|
|Posting End Date||31/10/2017 |
The Manufacturing & Services team are recruiting a Principal Banker based in EBRD’s resident office of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. This role may be offered at Associate level with a modified job description.
The Principal Banker is competent in undertaking all tasks related to, and understands all aspects of, project development and implementation, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring, for all types of investment instruments offered by the Bank.The Principal Banker will act both as a member of a project team or as an operation leader. The Principal Banker, in his/her role as an operation leader, is expected to take responsibility for delivery of the targets and objectives of M&S in the Country in terms of transaction execution.The Principal Banker’s role also includes elements of business/pipeline development, client management and policy dialogue.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
1. Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member with more experienced operation leaders on complex transactions, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including supporting the operation leader with the management of the project team;
- As an operation leader:
- Lead structuring, negotiation (including review of legal documentation) and the execution of transactions, working with clients, authorities, consultants and internal units;
- Manage the resources and the work load of the project teams under his/her supervision;
- Oversee the project due diligence process ensuring it meets the Bank’s standards;
- Ensure quality and appropriateness of TC assistance components which support the investments or contribute to policy dialogue initiatives;
- Ensure that all transactions within his/her responsibility are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard (including all internal memoranda and Board reports) and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
2. Portfolio Monitoring, Value Creation and Reporting
- As a senior project team member perform all such tasks as may be assigned by the operation leader and provide constructive portfolio monitoring advice, guidance and supervision to more junior members of the project team.
3. Policy Dialogue
- In cooperation with relevant units within the Bank (e.g., Policy VP, OCE) and Banking country teams (if applicable), contribute to policy dialogue, in a leading role (project level initiatives) or supporting function (national level initiatives);
4. Business Development
- Assist with marketing and business development efforts in the relevant sector and countries to build reputable market contacts in order to develop a broad deal flow and cross selling of the Bank’s competencies;
- Assist with the critical screening of project proposal flow that is generated through business development efforts, liaising with other colleagues and teams within the Bank to identify sound and executable investments that meet the mandate of the Bank.
5. Staff Management
- Assist in mentoring junior bankers, in coordination with the Associate Directors, involving them in all aspects of the project cycle (appraisal, execution, implementation, monitoring and business development), ensuring adequate quality of project work and appropriate work load distribution amongst the project team members; contribute to their professional and competency development;
- Develop productive relationships within the organisation to able to work effectively in a country/sector matrix structure and in a multi-cultural working environment.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Excellent understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Coaching, mentoring & leadership skills.
- Relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Mongolian.
- Significant relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Practical experience of participating in and leading complex transactions through the full project life cycle.
- Relevant industry/country (as applicable) experience might be mandatory, including understanding of country/regional/sector dynamics and trends.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Job Segment: Banking, Bank, Banker, Consulting, Equity, Finance, Technology