Posting Title: National Communications and Advocacy Consultant
Department/Office: Resident Coordinator System
Duty Station: LUANDA
Posting Period: 17 March 2021 - 30 March 2021
Job Opening Number: 21-Resident Coordinator System-152181-Consultant
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for DiversityResult of Service
Luanda, AngolaExpected duration
Asap until 31 December 2021Duties and
Summary of Functions: 1. Promote and facilitates joint communication initiatives within UN Country Office in Angola assisting the Communication Working Group Chair in planning and organizing activities to promote the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework.
2. Ensure the dissemination of UN information on strategic programmes and joint initiatives directed to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Agenda 2063.
3. Contribute to the development and promotion of key communication products that serve as tools, processes, and resources for a more integrated communications strategy.
4. Manage national media relations and act as public relations focal point in country for the UN Resident Coordinator.
5. Contribute to the management of the social media activities of the UNCT
Description of Services: 1. Promote and facilitates joint communication initiatives within UN Country Office in Angola assisting the Communication WG Chair within the UNCT-Angola Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework.
2. Ensure that UN information on strategic programs and joint initiatives directed to the achievement of the Agenda 2030-SDG and Africa 2063 are disseminated
3. Develop and promotes key communication products that serve as tool, processes, and resources for a more integrated communications strategy.
4. Manage media relations and act as Public Relations for the UN Resident Coordinator and the RC System.
5. Manage the social media on behalf of the RC System
Competency: Corporate Competencies:
Functional Competencies: Professionalism: Ability to apply sustainable development theories, concepts and approaches. Ability to conduct independent research and analysis on sustainable development topics, determine suitability, validity and accuracy of data provided by different sources. Shows skill in developing sources for data collection. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in communication, journalism, international relations or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: At least 3 years working experience in the field of journalism, public relations, and media. Excellent Knowledge of sustainable development issues.
Language: Native in Portuguese and Fluent English.Additional Information
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships: This consultancy position is located in the United Nations Resident Coordinator Office (RCO) in Angola. The incumbent reports directly to the RCO Team Leader and is under the overall supervision of the Resident Coordinator. This consultancy position will carry out tasks related to communication, contributing to the clear, coherent, and consistent communication of activities related to the UN's work in country, specifically initiatives of the RCO, the UN Country Team (UNCT) and the UN Development Coordination Office (DCO).No Fee
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS' BANK ACCOUNTS.ccDVDVh-owT1v
This vacancy is archived.