Impact & Innovation Manager (Bangkok)
Baan Dek Foundation (BDF) is a non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization based in Bangkok & Chiang Mai. BDF supports access to essential services for more than 2,000 vulnerable children and their families living in construction sites and urban slums. Through specifically tailored educational programs and flexible individual support, Baan Dek Foundation protects endangered children, enables families to become self-sustainable, and provides opportunities for a better future.
: Impact & Innovation Manager (Bangkok)
Type of Contract
: Full-time position, 1-year contract
: Impact and Innovation
: Bangkok, Thailand (with occasional work trips to Chiang Mai)
Expected Start Date: **
Responsibilities of the advertised position:
Baan Dek Foundation is currently looking for an Impact and Innovation (I&I) Manager who will support the BDF overall strategy implementation driven by social impact measurement and analysis. The I&I Manager will build and provide strategic, technical support to the organization through the following core functions. Supporting the implementation of BDF’s direct and systemic impact strategies, collaborating with top management, and engaging partners and donors.
Main areas of work are research, monitoring & evaluation, program development, and strategy. The I&I Manager will be responsible for supporting digital processes for data collection and analysis with SalesForce. The I&I Manager will join a driven team of 5. They will have a role in strengthening communication and collaboration between I&I and other departments of BDF, in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
The employee will work under the direct supervision of BDF Management Team and will collaborate with Directors, Program Managers, and Social Workers in Bangkok/Chiang Mai.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
Management of Baan Dek Foundation’s Impact and Innovation team. The employee will create and develop appropriate tools to address the needs of communities. They will ensure that all projects are conducted in accordance with Baan Dek Foundation’s Strategy, Child Protection Policy, ethical standards, and best practices.
1. Facilitate and ensure direct support for quality development of programs (Child Protection, Child Development, Community Empowerment Programs).
Design the methodology, tools and training associated with needs assessments. Contribute to the preparation and follow up of the Project Management Framework. Ensure that activities are well-coordinated and implemented per the Project Cycle.**
2. Support systemic impact strategy development (construction industry and corporate sector engagement)
Facilitate continual development of Baan Dek’s overall strategy, based on the theory of change and results framework. Work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Advisory Board, and Director of Advocacy and Engagement.
Map and build national networks with relevant actors including those working on child protection, child development, community empowerment and corporate engagement, or migrant rights
Engage in research. Update and develop existing tools (SROI, CMFA, business case). Develop a Communication Plan to support advocacy and strategic engagement of targeted stakeholders.
3. Programmatic Reporting
● Update the results matrix of all the programs in line with the agreed timelines. Update the calendar with reporting times of the programs/donors.
● In close collaboration with the Partnerships team, the I&I manager will ensure the writing of timely and accurate assessment reports, statistics and narrative. They will ensure the quality and accuracy of technical information provided, as well as the confidentiality and protection of collected information.
● Support the drafting of narrative reports and contribute to the development of proposals, in coordination with Partnership Officers.
4. Research & Development: Innovation
One of BDF core values is innovation. The I&I Manager will explore innovative solutions to be piloted, tested and scaled, and connect with non-traditional actors (such as the private sector, and academia). The I&I Manager will facilitate the identification of potential breakthrough solutions that can better support addressing the needs of children and families BDF supports.
● Connect with dynamic, local and international ecosystems that maximizes the innovation potential within each response that BDF is building in Thailand ( Systemic Impact, CSR, Child Protection).
● From engagement with stakeholders, undertake ad-hoc research projects to support BDF with continuous improvement through workshops, general recommendations or proposals to relevant teams. **
5- I&I Team Management
The I&I Manager will be responsible for day-to-day management of the international team (5 people), both directly and remotely, in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
He/She is expected to onboard, guide each staff member, prepare and follow-up work plans with each person who directly reports to them.
They will be required to take the lead in the recruitment of any external consultant/or team members.**
The employee’s work will be fully aligned with Baan Dek’s values and objectives.
Language: Fluent spoken and written English.
Education: Master’s degree or other education in a relevant field, such as social science, political science, international development.
● Experience developing Monitoring & Evaluation systems and tools (MEAL systems)
● Experience designing/managing/evaluating social development programs
● MS Office including Excel, PowerPoint/experience using professional emailing/calendar system/Management software, Salesforce knowledge
● Experience working within standards, frameworks and building networks for organizations
● Experience developing educational content (supported by research/evidence-based)
● Ability to manage a team
● Excellent communication, analytical and drafting skills for effective reporting
● Experience with non-profit organizations or in the humanitarian sector
Soft Skills Necessary:
● Ability to work both independently and as part of a multicultural team, flexible mindset. Ability to use initiative, keep overall goals in mind, leading where necessary to solve problems
● Ability to meet deadlines.
● Highly motivated, flexible, and interested in humanitarian missions.
● Reliable and respectful of local Thai culture.
Working hours: Full time - Monday to Friday (flexible schedule) and occasionally on weekends & evenings
Salary: Starting at 50,000 THB (to be defined based on experience and qualifications)
This vacancy is archived.