The Head of Program Operations will be responsible for effective efficient program delivery in the NES area office through the Field Managers in three field offices across NES. She/ He leads the program implementation and work closely with the Head of Program quality overseen by the Head of office to effectively deliver program in the agreed standard. The post holder will play a key role in supporting and building capacity of senior national staffs to take on higher responsibility. Will work with the Field Managers to ensure all systems are implemented and risks at the field offices are mitigated.
He/ She will work to ensure that program delivery and support function is focus on coordinated efficient program delivery including working with other stakeholders such as camp leaders.
The post holder will play a strategic role in leading the effective scale up and management of Save the Children emergency and recovery programmes in NE Syria through the field offices to increase impact and enable positive change for children.
In order to be successful you will bring/have the following
Skills and Qualifications:
* Extensive experience of working within a management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state
* Previous experience of managing programme teams in complex contexts
* Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
* Previous experience of managing a large multi-sector, multi-national team
* Previous experience of programme management across multiple locations
* Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA) of GBP 5 – 10m
* Security management experience across a large programme.
* Commitment to, thorough understanding of, and able to train staff in participation and accountability approaches
* Demonstrated ability to set up monitoring & evaluation systems in large complex programmes.
* Demonstrated ability to set up learning and development processes for a large team
* Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered for 12 months initially.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
This vacancy is archived.