CRS Sudan began implementing in Darfur in 2004 with programs in emergency relief food distribution, health, water and sanitation, shelter, education and agriculture. With an annual program value of over $30 million, CRS provides lifesaving assistance to address the needs of the most vulnerable in conflict-affected and natural disaster-prone areas, and implements longer term programs to respond to climate and conflict-related shocks and build resilience through skills building and preparedness, enhancing basic services, and strengthening linkages between local communities and government. CRS Sudan works with and through a wide network of local and international partners and has 175 national and international staff based in Khartoum, West and Central and East Darfur, and in Port Sudan.
As a member of the Country Program’s (CP) Senior Management Team, you will provide leadership and management of the operational functions - Finance, Human Resources (HR), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Administration, Information and Communication Technology, and Security - in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable. You will promote stewardship of resources, ensure principled compliance, promote a culture of safeguarding and staff care, proactively manage risk, and lead operational improvements.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Finance Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Human Resource Manager, ICT Manager
* Master's degree in International Development, Business Administration, Finance or relevant field required.
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities. Experience with an international NGO and experience outside country of origin preferred.
* Additional experience may substitute for some education; additional education may substitute for some experience.
* Understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget/expense analysis experience. Knowledge of Oracle accounting software or similar financial reporting software highly preferred.
Required Languages – English, Arabic preferred.
Travel - Must be willing and able to travel to field locations across Sudan up to 25%. Occasional regional or international travel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
* Team leadership abilities
* Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
* Knowledge of multiple public donors’ regulations, including USAID, highly preferred.
* Staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
* Knowledge of procurement and office administration/management issues.
* Ability to represent the agency at high levels
* Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
This vacancy is archived.