Facilitate Community Mobilization processes, project activity implementation, capacity building and monitoring of community level activities related to Akule ndi Thanzi Project and influence normative behaviors that increase community participation, reduction in malnutrition in children and improves maternal and adolescent health and nutrition, create community ownership and project sustainability.
Position report to: Cluster Coordinator
Mobilize Community towards project activities.
- In liaison with local leadership and with support from the Cluster Coordinator mobilize communities to create an understanding of the project for buy in and participation in activity implementation
- Mobilize communities to participate in project planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Mobilize community leaders and communities to raise resources for the community level project activity implementation.
- Mobilize communities to participate in various trainings to improve and promote health, nutrition and hygiene behavior practices
- Mobilize communities and local leadership in the identification of project beneficiary households
- Carry out in liaison with HSAs and other community stakeholder’s sanitation marketing to increase demand and infrastructures at community level.
- Facilitate identification of CBCCS for vitameal distribution.
- Facilitate formation/ revamping of Care groups in the impact area
- Planning and carrying out community structures (extension workers, ANCC, VNCC and CLANs, CBCCs) capacity building activities in various health and nutrition areasthrough formal and on job trainings to ensure quality and timely implementation.
- Ensure COVID 19 protocols are observed by participants and trainers during training and meetings
Monitoring of Project activities and reporting
- Facilitate household listing with under-five children, pregnant and lactating women
- Facilitate data collection, validation and update at various stages of project implementation for proper targeting and data quality.
- Maintaining and managing quality community level project related data and records to facilitate quality and timely district reporting.
- Mentoring communities in community monitoring of child nutrition and health and of hygiene promoted practices
- Ensure proper utilization of resources by Front line workers, Volunteers and communities for project efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor adoption and maintenance of normative behaviours by households that contribute to reduction of malnutrition among under five childrer
- Monitor utilization of Vitameal at CBCCs
- Facilitate documentation of lessons and best practices for sharing within the cluster and across the project.
- Ensuring that cross-cutting issues such as gender, HIV and AIDS and environmental mitigation are mainstreamed and addressed in project related activities.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and other routine reports as required for submission to the Cluster Coordinator
Collaboration, networking and Partnerships.
- Facilitate formation or strengthen community level nutrition platforms in collaboration with government front line staff, community leaders and other stakeholders to ensure effective coordination, community ownership and sustainability of nutrition projects at T/A level.
- Network, collaborate and create work partnerships with community level government front line staff, key stakeholders to ensure full involvement in project activities for sustainability reasons
Provision of support to Management.
- Provide technical support and interpret project procedures, principles and other standards to government front line staff, communities, and other stakeholders.
- Update management in a timely manner any challenges experienced in project implementation for timely redress and possible modification in activity implementation strategy.
- Decides on reliability and completeness of community beneficiary Data and reports
- Decides on community level project materials, equipment and tools taking schedules and facilitating delivery.
- Decides on capacity building initiatives of communities to participate in project implementation
Perform other assigned functions within their area of expertise.
Required Qualifications, knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Diploma in Nutrition, Public Health or Rural Development and other related fields with more than 3 years previous relevant professional experience
- Demonstrated hands on experience in community mobilization.
- Demonstrated hands on experience in implementing of the integrated community development projects in the following areas: livelihoods, health and nutrition using the care group model.
- Strong interpersonal and team skills.
- Strong planning and report writing skills.
- Ability to work with the community level front line staff and communities.
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal trainings to front line staff and communities.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office).
- Fluency in English.
- Willingness to spend up to 80% of time in the communities.
- Simple mathematical calculations and interpretations
- Possess a clean motorcycle driver license