The incumbent will work under the supervision of the National Project Officer and in close co-operation with the Fund Administration Unit (FAU). The incumbent will be responsible for driving and daily maintenance of the assigned office vehicle.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Project Officer of the Centre’s Extra-Budgetary Project “Strengthening Border Service Capacities in Turkmenistan” (Project No. 5200435), the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorised personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
2. Meets official personnel (international experts) traveling within the project at the airport and facilitates customs formalities as required;
3. Takes the project staff to the trainings and other capacity building activities’ venues in and outside the city and bring them back to the office; Field training sites are to be determined by the State Border Service of Turkmenistan.
4. Delivers and collects mail, documents and other items;
5. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the Centre’s vehicles and if required for their technical service;
6. Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
7. Participates at the custom clearance processes by delivering necessary documents and freight;
8. Performs other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the «OSCE Centre in Ashgabat», please see: «www.osce.org».
Valid Class B driver’s licence, knowledge of local driving rules and regulations; Minimum of 2 years of driving experience, safe driving record; Skills in minor vehicle repair, driving for long periods, lifting of baggage and other items. Good knowledge of English in addition to local languages; Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities; Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deduction, is EUR 564.50 (12 times a year). OSCE salaries are exempt from taxation in Turkmenistan. Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of Turkmenistan, please see https://www.osce.org.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews (tests, tickets).
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process. Additional InformationIssued by: OSCE Centre in Ashgabat Requisition ID: CON00000T Contract Type: Local Contracted Grade: G2 Job Level: General Services Job Type: Contracted Number of posts: 1 Location: OSCE Centre in Ashgabat, Ashgabat Posting Date: May 13, 2022 Closing Date: Jun 3, 2022 Employee Status: Fixed Term Schedule: Full-time Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED) Job Field: General Support Functions Target Start Date: Jul 4, 2022