Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges. The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges. Visit www.worldbank.org
The Word Bank Office is seeking a dynamic candidate to join the Team as an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the Administrative and Client Support (ACS) Team. S/He will provide administrative support to the BPSFP Resource Management team supporting TRE. The RM team is responsible for business planning, budgeting, work programming, and certain centrally managed accounts. The team monitors the cost-efficient use of resources, oversees controls, and provides support for effective management and monitoring of deliverables. We are seeking a motivated and adaptable staff, willing to seize the opportunity to learn and gain new experience.
Role and Responsibilities
The staff’s duties include but are not limited to:
• Support the Country Office, as instructed, in terms of time management and scheduling, support with portfolio management and monitoring including tracking corporate indicators and engaging with Task Teams on portfolio issues as needed.
• Provide support, as instructed, to teams, including but not exclusive to the Resource Management Team in processing accounting and administrative transactions. The latter shall comprise:
• Handling routine data entry, including check writing, filing of documents including accounting and administrative documents.
• Handling custody of petty cash and collections.
• Monitoring vehicle fuel and maintenance costs and other equipment.
• Handling posting of purchase orders, goods receipt, service entry sheets and maintenance of inventory in SAP.
• Undertaking ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases; retrieve, manipulate and present administrative and accounting data.
• Identify and resolve diverse issues, including administrative and accounting transactional issues as they arise, often requiring interpretation of procedures and processes; independently determine appropriate application in consultation with the accounting team members.
• Provide general research support and utilize all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
• Retrieve data required for preparation of the Country Management Unit (CMU) monthly report and support the delivery of the report.
• Maintain up-to-date files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the CMU.
• Maintain records for the CR’s Office in WB Docs and in such other systems as may be needed from time to time
• Keep others informed by providing relevant information, reports, or status updates.
• Support and work collaboratively with members of the immediate work team as well as with others in diverse work groups/teams/task forces, across World Bank Group offices
The preferred candidate should be a holder of a minimum of a university degree in accounting with five years of experience, preferably in computerized accounting. Strong interpersonal skills; commitment to team-oriented work in a multi-disciplinary matrix management environment. Demonstrated skills in retrieving/obtaining accounting and administrative information from various Bank sources and pulling them together in a useable format. Sound organizational skills and ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as required and ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines. Strong English and French language skills (verbal and written). Ability to pass relevant Bank Group tests in accounting. Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Demonstrates willingness to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change. Demonstrates willingness to undertake tasks that stretch his or her capability.Proactively identifies problems or obstacles in area of assigned responsibility. Considers own behavior in context of WBG's values and mission. Understands and displays flexibility to adapt to department needs.Actively collaborates with others in own team and displays an open, helpful attitude toward others. Approaches conflicts as common problems to be solved. Includes others in own work and thinking. Considers the impact of work on WBG.Thinks through problems and articulates the appropriate course of action. Takes action once decisions are made.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
This vacancy is archived.