Position Title: Administration Supervisor**
Reports To: Program Manager
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: 7 (N)
Introduction:** Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is primarily responsible for overseeing the Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office
Management functions at the CWS Kasulu office which include compliance with the policies, strategic
planning, budget preparation, planning, coordination and management, and reporting. The position will
coordinate office operations and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
The position will also oversee the planning, training, quality control, and monitoring of the Logistics,
General Services and Office Management teams in Kasulu.
Management and Supervision.
Organizes and supervises the administrative functions (Logistics, Finance, General Services, and Office Management) of the CWS Kasulu office ensuring they are professional, effective and efficient.
Ensures the relevant SOPs are regularly updated and stored and training sessions on the same arranged.
Develops and maintains good working relationship with external partners, vendors, contractors and other stakeholder.
Provides originality, initiative and good judgment in applying CWS RSC policies to new and unusual problems.
Manages and monitors workload within the unit and prioritizes work assignment accordingly.
Ensures maintenance of a filing system that facilitates easy retrieval of the administrative documents for the Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office Management units.
Coordinates, supports and liaises with other CWS Africa offices and sub-offices regarding visits, reports, office policies and services.
Plans and executes annual process reviews for the Logistics, Finance, General Service and Office Management units
Liaises with the Admin Assistant and the General Service Officer to ensure a clean working environment is regularly maintained.
Coordinates and oversees meeting and/or conference preparation and organization including maintenance of meetings calendar, booking of refreshments, and arrangement of ground transportation.
Coordinates staff events such as staff day, staff socials and staff trainings for the CWS Kasulu office.
Serves as a focal point for the Resource Center by monitoring the check in and out of items and updating the Resource Center Data base.
Supports the annual budgeting process by overseeing projections for units under their supervision and costing out of items proposed in the budget.
Manages the element of logistics, finance, general services and office management within the organizational budget.
Oversees the monthly projections of expected expenses and monitors expenditure related to Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office Management units.
Oversees all logistics, finance, procurement, property, and office management functions and ensures strict compliance with CWS RSC Africa’s SOPs, Cooperative Agreement and 2 CFR 200.
Ensures the Logistics, Finance, General Service and Office Management units are in compliance with Fileserver organization and group email protocols.
Ensures development, implementation, dissemination, monitoring and adherence of Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) for the Logistics, Finance, General Services, and Office Management units.
Conducts job function observations of Logistics, Finance, General Services, and Office Management staff to ensure compliance is met and identify any areas of improvement or training needs.
Manages the co-ordination of procurement prequalification process of suppliers, ensuring vendor clearance/checks through System for Award Management (SAM check) for all vendors, URA PIN checks for local vendors and all vendor forms are all in place.
Administration (Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office Management)
Oversees the reorder level of all stores supplies and ensures there are no stock outs and that adequate inventory levels are maintained for all supplies.
Monitors and manages all vendor contracts ensuring they are updated/renewed accordingly and serves as the custodian of all vendor contracts.
Actively involved in vendor management, ensuring regular evaluations of the vendors is carried out and updating on the vendor list.
Conducts regular market surveys to determine the best price for quality goods and services in conjunction with any appointed specialists by getting the cost estimates which are then compared against the quotes for large purchases.
Manages timelines around Request for Proposals (RFP) to ensure professional and timely delivery of goods and services.
Monitors purchasing of Assets and Maintenance of asset data in SAGE ERP system.
Supervises the property audit/Asset management and maintenance of accurate records in SAGE system and preparation of Pro 1Bs and other procurement documents to ensure accuracy in the IPMIS system.
Provides oversight on all office equipment and motor pool and ensures a maintenance schedule of CWS RSC Africa’s property is maintained and adequate security is in place against theft or damage.
Supervises the requisition, maintenance, and inventory of expendable and non-expendable equipment for the CWS Kasulu office.
Ensures the quarterly stock-take of inventory is complete, and ensures the report on variances is prepared and submitted and recommendation on replacement/purchase of new equipment is made.
Ensures that all adequate insurance is arranged for all property and personnel and other liabilities in accordance with US and Tanzania laws.
Liaises regularly with the Landlord to ensure services are delivered and accounted for properly.
Works with the Travel Logistics Manager in Nairobi to support travel within the country.
Provides direct supervision and leadership to Logistics, General Services and Office Management staff including yearly performance evaluations, developing job descriptions, participating in hiring and coordinating leave.
Manages the development and implementation of training modules for new staff in the Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office Management units.
Provides regular feedback to Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office Management and manages facilitation of training, coaching and mentoring.
Manages and ensures establishment of performance expectations and on-boarding for Logistics, General Services and Office Management staff.
Manages and monitors time and attendance for staff under their supervision.
Monitors and ensures a safe, healthy and professional work environment for the Logistics, Finance, General Services and Office Management units.
Actively supports staff by promoting safe space, open-door policy and the escalation policy.
Ensures and manages working resources availed to staff in the Logistics, General Services and Office Management units.
Ensures direct reports are accessing and using their benefits appropriately including leave.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management.
· Minimum of five (5) year of supervisory experience, with three (3) years preferred, with an international NGO in a similar position required.
· Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience required.
· Two (2) years of work experience in an organization that adheres to US Government CFR 200
• Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access required
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Strong verbal and written English language skills
• Working knowledge of Sage ERP System
• Working knowledge of the 2 CFR 200
• Knowledge of Tanzania laws and customs preferred
The Administration Supervisor must have the ability to:
• supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
• maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail, completing tasks within set timeframes;
• exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated problems;
• deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
• Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Maintain the integrity of official records;
• Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
• Work with minimal supervision
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
• Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
• be flexible with changing of daily duties as needed.
• Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Strategic Management or a related field is required.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
· COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
· This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
· This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
· This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
· Driver’s License required
· Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.**
· Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
· Full time
· All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
This vacancy is archived.