<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health - Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection - Food Security and Livelihoods - Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
You will be responsible to ensure the safety of AAH in South West; whilst at the same time providing an enabling security environment to allow AAH teams to be at the cutting edge of operational implementation in South West.
You key objectives will be:
- To follow access issues in the field for ensuring staff safety
- To negotiate when necessary on humanitarian access with all the involved actors
- To implement and update AAH humanitarian access strategy
- To implement and update AAH security management system
- To train and make AAH staff aware of security environment, procedures and rules with briefings, awareness sessions and simulation exercises...
You have at least 2 years of experience in program in INGOs on a similar position with a previous experience working in security fragile environment.
You are proficient in evaluating the risks in field missions and you have a confirmed experience in setting up and developing security management tools, procedures and rules, in conducting training on security environment.
English (oral and written) is professional. For security reasons, French speaker applicants would not be considered.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
Length of contract: 8 months, starting as soon as possible
Retribution & Benefits:
- Monthly gross salary from EUR2 010 to EUR2 335 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 521 EUR net - paid in the field
- country allowance : 450EUR
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance (capped)
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 EUR at each RnR period every 12 weeks
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (GABON)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
This vacancy is archived.