We are a young European-based organisation serving the international humanitarian and development sectors. Founded in 2014, by an IT expert and an experienced humanitarian during the Red Cross response to the Haiyan (Yolanda) typhoon in the Philippines, we provide a variety of innovative services bridging humanitarian work and cutting-edge technology to disseminate new IT tools and significantly improve the efficiency of humanitarian organisations.
In this role, you must self-motivated, able to work both independently and closely with your team. Our ideal candidate is a passionate advocate for best practices, scalable architecture and quality user experiences.
We developed a platform (http://Emalsys.net) to help manage Emergency response rosters (ie. Respond to the need to deploy staff and volunteers after an earthquake) and find the right candidate for the right mission on the field.
We also develop customized apps, web platforms, and monitoring and evaluation tools for partners such as the United Nations, INGOs, the French Red Cross or the Start Network.
· Good English, written and spoken
· Have a passion for coding
· No 9-5 mentality (we value flexibility and passion), proactive and easy going
· Ability to design and prototype UI for mobile platforms (iOS or Android)
· Eye for design and UX consistency across platforms
· Excellent analytical and intuitive problem solving skills
· Able to learn to new technologies quickly
We use web and mobile technologies such as AngualrJs, Ionic, Grav, RESTfull API, Dependency Manager, versioning. We will also provide the necessary complementary trainings.
· Ensure a cohesive and optimized user experience.
· Develop innovative digital solutions for institutional projects and complex service requests.
· Design and develop microsites for targeted projects.
· Manage workflow and maintain tight deadlines of multiple, simultaneous projects, with prioritization guidance from Managers
· Exchange knowledge and support among internal teams
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
Relief Applications offers gratification for the internship, Internship contract. We ideally need someone for 6 months, starting in January.
*Due to the nature of this position, only candidates legally eligible to work in the EU/EEA may apply.**
This vacancy is archived.