Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 24 Months
Job Posting: Oct 29, 2018, 9:14:54 AM
Closing Date: Nov 13, 2018, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
Organization: AF_ETH Ethiopia
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Under the overall leadership and direct supervision of the WHO Representative in Ethiopia or his/her assignee, the incumbent will oversee the implementation of the WHO-PEN and CVD prevention and control through the global HEARTS strategies in Ethiopia.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties---> Provide technical support for integrated management of NCDs at primary health care level through the implementation of the WHO-PEN and Global HEARTS strategies.--> Support the development/adaptation of evidence-based strategies, guidelines and toolkits to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of RESOLVE Hypertension prevention & control program.--> Support the development of advocacy and communications products on cardiovascular diseases as part of the Global HEARTS initiative. --> Prepare reports and other materials for reporting to the donor in collaboration with the project coordinator of RESOLVE and other relevant staff.--> The NPO will act as a liaison between all WHO offices and the federal ministry of health to guide the implementation of Global HEARTS initiative in Ethiopia.To conduct any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
: Degree in doctor of medicine from recognized university.Desirable
: Post graduate degree in public health or disease prevention and control.Training in district health care or primary health care and community health.
: At least five years of experience in clinical medicine at primary health care level and at regional level dealing with NCDs. Within which at least three years in planning and implemention ofNCD prevention and control with a focus on primary healthcare integration and health system strengthening. Experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation of programs.Desirable
: Experience in planning and delivering integrated health services at primary health care level.Working experience in international agencies. High level public health expertise focusing on clinical, community and public health elements of chronic diseases prevention and control.Proven experience of resource mobilization is an asset.
Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Excellent communication skills (oral and written). Ability to coordinate, plan and implement projects and activities with minimum supervision but work equally well as part of a team. Expertise to manage and expand global partnerships and programme implementation in the country through partners.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language SkillsEssential
: Expert knowledge of English.Desirable
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 26,699 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.