The New Business Development Senior Specialist is a senior position within the Haiti Country Office (CO) Programme. Candidate will identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support to grow our portfolio effectively. Candidate will write sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors, Operations, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets. Recognizing that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the New Business Development Senior Specialist will also be expected to keep closely informed about the progress of all major institutional grants and be able to speak to results in key reporting documents. They will be responsible for overseeing the development of high quality, innovative programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for children and monitoring the quality of the implementation of those programs. The role will have an external orientation, and will work very closely with Save the Children Members.
· Management 30%
· New Business Development 40%
· External Engagement 25%
· Capacity Building 5%
What’s In It for You
· Aetna Medical and Dental insurance with a concierge service
· Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
· Vision Insurance
· Life insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Commuter Benefit Program
· Vacation and Sick leave
· Paid holidays
What makes us special!
· Generous Retirement Savings with matching company contributions of up to 8%
· Family Leave – 10 additional days of paid time off for you to use to care for your family members
· Additional Maternity and Paternity Leave – 30 days where parents can take additional paid leave (beyond short-term disability and FMLA) at the birth or adoption of a child during that critical first year!
· Critical Child Illness Leave – We hope you never have to use it, but we will provide an additional 30 days of paid leave per year should your dependent child be faced with a critical illness.
· Pet Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Identity Protection, Home, Auto and additional Life insurances
· Summer Fun Fridays – During the summer months, early release at 1:30 pm every other Friday!
· Volunteer Day – One paid day a year to support the causes that matter to you!
· Ergonomic Options – Every employee at our HQ offices has the option of a sitting/standing desk
· Leadership and Employee Development Training, including:
· Our remarkable in-house CORE, Senior Management Development, and Leadership Development Programs
· Language learning opportunities
· Continuous Improvement skill development programs
· Brown Bag information sharing sessions
· Work hard/Play hard! We make sure there’s ample opportunity for fun, engagement, and celebration while you work, such as networking events, March Madness, World Cup, Dodgeball Tournaments, Take Your Child to Work Day, Founder’s Day, and our annual Day of Service
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
This vacancy is archived.