The Promoting Justice Project (PROJUST), financed by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), supports the implementation and consolidation of the Mexican criminal accusatorial system within the judicial sector with involvement from civil society. PROJUST provides customized direct or indirect support at the state and national level for the final push toward the 2016 Constitutional reform deadlines and therefore contribute to mitigate conflict, reduce impunity, and promote a more transparent and efficient justice system.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E), the Senior M&E Reporting Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the reporting process to ensure high quality reports, leading the design and implementation of new M&E products, videos, studies and other analytical outputs. In this role, the Senior M&E Reporting Specialist will also provide guidance and manage members of the M&E team participating in these activities.
- Oversee the reporting process of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports, and other written material, to ensure the highest quality products.
- Design and implement new M&E products, such as results-based videos, case studies and other analytical pieces that form part of the Assess & Evaluate 7-pillar, 5-year M&E strategy for PROJUST. This will involve leading field work activities, where applicable.
- Provide senior guidance and mentorship to members of the M&E team involved in activities under the Senior Reporting Specialist responsibility.
- Contribute to the analysis of data for reports against PROJUST’s results framework.
- Lead the process of identifying and documenting early wins, and putting in place a mechanism for making this an established practice across project teams.
- Participate and contribute to PROJUST’s annual planning process, including the process of preparing annual Work Plan documents.
- Work with the Quality Control Coordinator, implement strategies to ensure that M&E protocols and tools are up-to-date and widely available to all members of the PROJUST team.
- Together with other members of the team, deliver training to staff on M&E protocols, in particular related to reporting.
- Any other related task assigned by the M&E Director.
- Experience heading small teams in carrying out specific tasks.
- Superior writing skills (in the English language) and reporting skills.
- Professional experience with monitoring and evaluation.
- Native English speaker or someone with full fluency in English (nearly native).
- Full command of the Spanish language.
- Experience with translating material from Spanish to English.
- Comfortable with and experienced in editing and reviewing the writing of peers.
- Experience writing reports in a concise, clear manner, though incorporating high impact language to convey a compelling story of how project activities are having an impact on beneficiaries and institutions.
- Degree in international relations, development studies, communications or a related area; master’s level preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft applications, in particular word (the main program used in our reporting).
- Ability to operate under pressure and cooperate with colleagues to accomplish deadlines.
- Ability to receive construct feedback in a positive light, in particular related to drafted reporting.
- High attention to detail.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.