FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Administrative Officer, based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Provides leadership and support the implementation of procurement process for Asia Pacific Regional Office and assigned Project/Country Offices in this region.
- Manages the procurement process and inventory of office and other supplies for Asia Pacific Regional Office and other assigned Project/Country Offices.
- Ensure all activities related to procurement management in Asia Pacific Regional Office and assigned Project/Country Offices which are approved by APRO are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures establish by FHI 360 (HO and CO/PO) and funder requirements.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure purchasing activities within functional areas are met and comply with government regulations and FHI 360 procedures.
- Maintains policies and procedures of organizational and government regulations affecting purchases and shares information with management, staff members and vendors.
- Proactively advises and builds capacity of Regional Office staff and Country/Project Office staff for procurement process and management.
- Conducts orientation to Procurement staff in Project/Country Offices on FHI 360 procurement policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with Program Management Unit and other departments to ensure Project/Country Offices to ensure sound procurement process.
- Assists with developing and revising procurement operating procedures and policies.
- Supervises preparation of orders and follows up to expedite delivery and shipment.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
- Interacts and corresponds with vendors to keep abreast of new products and market trends.
- Consult with department managers to determine purchasing needs and specifications
- Analyzes purchasing trends to determine best practices and cost for FHI 360 Offices in Asia Pacific Region.
- Inventories equipment, assist with filtering equipment throughout the asset management life cycle and prepares equipment for end-of-life disposition for Asia Pacific Regional Office.
2. OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Manages and directs all office administrative and travel support to achieve organizational goals.
- Consults with management on space allocations and office moves.
- Trains staff on office administrative procedures and policies to ensure compliance with safety regulations and SOPs.
- Oversees all office administrative related document, include but not limit to office leases, office services contract, office licenses are up to date.
- Ensures that office areas and meeting rooms, office equipment and utilities are in good operating conditions and arranges for necessary schedule repairs.
- Provides support and coordinates for internal meetings such as conference room set up, catering services.
- Assists in the coordination and management of construction and development projects
- Orders and maintains inventory levels of office supplies, break rooms, and supply cabinets
- Collaborates with external vendors for off-site storage areas, assuring orders, accessibility and compliance with safety guidelines.
- Supervises travel services and office services staff.
- Serves as point of contact regarding APPRO, Country/Project Office registration.
- Coordinates with Business Services at headquarters, Thai government officers (The Committee to consider to operation of foreign private organizations, Department of Employment, etc.), Program Management Unit, Finance, and HR for APRO office registration matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES, EXPERTISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Strong knowledge of standards and functions and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of procurement activities
- Knowledge of FHI 360 policies and procedures regarding procurement services.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and Thai.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and computer software skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-organized and detailed oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Ability to work well with others and independently.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Frequent interaction with others within the department and contact with other departments or outside the organization and ability to resolve problem situations with tact.
- Requires strong professional relationships with clients/customers.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supervise travel department tasks, three contractors.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Usual office working conditions.
- At least 5+ years of procurement and administrative management experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English and Thai.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO) would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management or related field.