Position Title : Resources Management Officer
Duty Station : Khartoum, Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 17 May 2018
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Congo, Cabo Verde, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Guyana, Iceland, Comoros, Lesotho, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Malawi, Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the Resources Management Officer (RMO), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for coordinating logistics and procurement functions of the Mission and its sub-offices, and supporting finance functions for accounting, reporting and auditing purposes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Coordinate the procurement and logistics teams, including tasks relating to property and assets control, supply chain management, service/maintenance and contractual agreements.
In coordination with the RMO, analyze procurement requests, recommend service providers, and analyze information regarding vendor's performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization's best interests.
Supervise IOM support teams involved in the following categories of procurement and logistics work within the area of responsibility: procurement staff (local and international procurement); logistics staff including logistics cluster's common transport service and IOM warehousing and transport operations; and fleet staff including drivers of rented vehicles and trucks.
Make recommendations on procedural and internal control improvements and assist in training local staff in the relevant areas of finance, logistics and procurement in the central office and in sub-offices.
Assist in preparing budget revisions for projects, and the distribution of common cost during projectization.
Coordinate, with the dedicated finance team, the consolidation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and donor’s requirements.
Assist the RMO on Reporting of Regional projects and coordinate, as focal point, the communications with relevant Regional Office colleagues, with focus on EU funded projects.
Liaise, on a weekly base, with Project Development and Reporting Officers in Program Units, to regularly maintain the “Project Reports” matrix and update regularly the RMO.
Coordinate with the finance and accounting teams and be responsible for managing day to day work of the Accounts units in the sub-offices.
Perform PRISM reviews of sub-offices finance reports, period end processes, balance sheet items, and vendor/customer control reviews.
Assist in forecasting cash flows according to activities in the sub-offices and ensure regular control of funds disbursed; and verify that funding is received in accordance with donor agreements in a timely manner.
Liaise with other internal functional units of the Mission, and assist in liaising with banks, donors and government counterparts and other stakeholders as required in the performance of the accounting and monitoring function.
Undertake travel to Field offices, upon request from the RMO.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional certification as chartered accountant (CA) or certified public accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience with internal control assessment, internal audit and or external audit knowledge of IOM's regulations, policies and procedures, couple with experience with IPSAS, computerized accounting systems (including SAP) PRISM;
• Knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures and a high level of computer literacy, in particular in computerized accounting systems (including SAP) mandatory.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
This vacancy is archived.