Summary of functions:
- Results analysis and reporting
- Corporate services and support
- Knowledge management and innovation
1. Results analysis and reporting
- Support the Team Lead on all aspects of UNOPS results based reporting, including providing analysis for the preparation of the annual report of the Executive Director to the Executive Board, in terms of data collection, quality assurance and analysis.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis to support performance management and decision making.
- Implement systems for results monitoring and reporting, internal and external.
- Provide analysis on the UNOPS Strategic Plan (SP) and associated Mid-Term Review (MTR) in the area of Results Based Management (RBM).
2. Corporate services and support
- Support the Team Lead in continuously improving UNOPS Quarterly Business Review process, including providing analysis to support performance discussions between Regional and HQ Directors and the Executive Office.
- Support senior management decision making by providing quality analysis of UNOPS performance, financial- and non-financial.
3. Knowledge management and innovation
- Constantly monitor and evaluate policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services.
- Assist in refining processes to maximise the benefits of management information system to enhance efficiency and facilitate organisational/management monitoring, oversight and reporting.
An Advanced university degree (Master's or equivalent) in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or other related financial field is required.
A First-level university degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced university degree.
Full working knowledge of English.
Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset. Contract type, level, and duration
Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: IICA1 (ICS 9)
Contract duration: 1 year (maternity cover)*** The vacancy is a maternity cover for 1 year with an expected start date of 19th August
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization - UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns.
Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.