The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
A hallmark of CHAI's approach is simultaneous and intensive engagement on the demand and supply sides of the market. CHAI's Global HIV Access Program (HAP) works to address barriers to commodity access and to foster a healthy marketplace, fundamentally changing the economics of global health to ensure the sustainable supply of essential medicines and diagnostics. By securing lower prices for key commodities and improving laboratories in the developing world, we are helping patients access the treatment and care they need.
The HIV Access Program (HAP) is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Regional Manager to support the Advanced HIV Disease (AHD) team in scaling access to optimal HIV related products and improving patient outcomes and reducing HIV related mortality. Based in Maseru, Lesotho, the Regional Manager (RM) will be responsible for supporting several countries in Southern Africa, including Lesotho and Botswana. The Regional Manager (RM) will travel frequently between countries to provide end-to-end technical assistance to Ministries of Health to enable sustainable access to an AHD package of care. This will include building strong, trusted relationships with Ministry of Health counterparts and partner organisations and providing technical assistance in all aspects of developing and costing product introduction strategies. S/he will be expected to build consensus among a range of stakeholders and to independently find creative solutions to systems or process challenges that delay progress towards program goals.
- Through a blend of advocacy, relationship-building, and evidence dissemination, and in coordination with the country and HIV Access Program leadership, make an effective case for optimal HIV related product introduction to governments and key opinion leaders. This may include preparing cost analyses to help governments see the budgetary impact of product shifts, developing different introduction scenarios, and collating, translating, and disseminating clinical information
- Help governments ensure an uninterrupted supply of an optimal AHD package of care to the region by building stock monitoring tools and dashboards and working closely with procurement agents and government logistics units to understand and map funding flows, ordering cycles, and delivery timelines
- Help countries build their capacity on quantification issues through leadership in forecasting workshops, participation in technical working groups, and/or training of forecasting models, in order to avoid stock-outs, reduce waste, and minimize costs
- Catalyze and coordinate the drafting of rollout planning documents, policy guidance, and standard operating procedures that clarify and ensure smooth implementation of a comprehensive AHD package of care.
- With a client-focused approach, serve as a trusted, accessible advisor to governments and CHAI country teams on a variety of optimal HIV related product access topics
- Support the country team and program leadership in other relevant duties as required**Qualifications**
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (BA/BSc)
- At least three years of professional experience in global health, international development, and/or management consulting
- High level of comfort conducting quantitative analyses and using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional communication skills, with a structured and assured oral and written communication style
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships independently with senior government and NGO representatives and navigate complex government processes in a collaborative manner
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving approach
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort performing in low-resource settings
- Willingness to travel regionally up to 50%
- Master's degree in Public Health (MPH), Business Administration (MBA), or other graduate degree
- Pharmaceutical/healthcare industry experience
- Experience working on procurement and supply chain management
- Experience working with governments and/or international organizations