Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented professional for the role of a Regional Finance Manager. The Regional Finance Manager position is responsible for the coordination and oversight of financial management in the assigned HFH programs in Asia-Pacific ensuring that implementation is within HFHI finance policies and systems. This position provides financial support to National Programs including financial analysis and monitoring. This position will be based in Manila, Philippines.
- Strengthen financial management of National Organization in the region by providing continuous support and guidance to Finance Managers.
- Ensure all financial operations are carried out according to the Habitat for Humanity policies, accepted international standards and the local laws.
- Analyze national organization financial statements on a regular basis, tracks key indicators and provides analysis to Associate Director – Area finance.
- Coordinate with other departments in ensuring financial and statistical reports reflects accurate and reliable information.
- Participate actively in regular program planning and monitoring meetings.
Grant Management in coordination with Grant Manager
- Assist Programs or Resource Development department staff in designing grant proposals and following up on the approval process and transfer of funds.
- Review and process funding requests based upon a national organization’s ability to financially and programmatically comply with Habitat’s minimum standards.
- Support Programs in monitoring budget variance and any non-compliant issues.
- Oversee the financial management and compliance of grants from institutions and governments.
- Provide assistance to the national programs on project management, fund accounting, donor commitments and compliance in order to improve the quality execution, follow up and reporting.
- Monitor that reports submitted to donors match the financials in order to guarantee that information reported is reliable.
Internal Controls in coordination with Internal Controls Manager
- Support the local programs in contextualizing and implementing policies and procedures to guarantee minimum controls in country as part of Habitat for Humanity Minimum Standards.
- Inform the finance team of any changes in the local programs structure that will affect any of the policies implemented.
- Provide feedback and participate in new policies design and updates and supports the countries in contextualizing those according to their needs and possibilities.
Sustainability / New Business Models Sustainability/ Strategic and Business Planning
- In coordination with the relevant program staff, provide feedback and advice on appropriate business models.
- Provide support in strategic and business planning including financial projection and analysis by program lines of business
- Coordinate institutional definitions and models of best practice for issues related to finance (ie. sustainability, interest, subsidy).
- Support and coordinates with the local CFO in analyzing their financials and improving their forecast in order to provide accurate and reliable information to local program management for an accurate decision making.
- Facilitate development of capacity building materials to promote financial sustainability.
- Provide support and training on the implementation and maintenance of appropriate financial systems.
Global Work Groups
- Participate in global work groups focused on developing business models.
- Participate in global workgroups focused on finance policies and procedures.
- Masters degree or the equivalent in business, economics or finance preferred.
- CPA license is preferred.
- Knowledge of the accounting cycle (journal, general ledger, trial balance, etc.) and ability to teach it to others.
- Knowledge of HFHI financial systems, policies and procedures preferred.
- At least 5 years experience in NGO / nonprofit financial management.
- Strong analytical skills and able to advise on budget preparation, financial reports, and other finance processes.
- Demonstrate ability to mentor and coach local staff.
- Ability to facilitate virtual (global) project teams.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate Habitat’s Christian philosophy and principles.
- Demonstrate ability to use accounting software (sunsystem) and other computer applications (ie. Microsoft Office, databases).
- Willing and able to travel at least 15% of the time.
- Experience in grant financial management.
- Experience in housing-finance.
- Experience with HFH affiliates/national organizations.