Main objective of the role:
Reporting to the International Director of Inclusive Eye Health, the Programme Manager will coordinate the implementation of CBM’s 5-year Inclusive Eye (IEH) Health Initiative 2017-2021. He/She will ensure alignment and close working with the CBM IEH team, MAs, Country Offices and local partners. The Programme Manager will line-manage the Peek Programme Officer and coordinate the development of CBM’s relationship with Peek Vision and other partners in eye health. The role will also manage existing CBM UK Neglected Tropical Disease programmes.
We are looking for someone who will…
• Coordinate the implementation of the Inclusive Eye Health Initiative operational plan, including contributing to overall strategic objectives and geographic priorities
• Support country planning processes, ensuring synergy with the initiative plan, and identification of appropriate country level objectives and indicators
• Develop Inclusive Eye Health project proposals which meet agreed standards of design and quality for them to be presented to Member Associations and other donors for funding
• Monitor policies, trends, data & research in eye health
• Monitor implementation of country eye health plans, actively engage in evaluations and feed results into further planning
• Record best practice in eye health programmes
• Ensure CBM eye health programmes increasingly adopt a quality assurance approach, monitoring quality assurance training across regions
• Support proposal and reporting processes for selected CBM UK and CBM International NTD projects
• Support the coordination of the Technical Leadership Team (Core Advisory Team) in Eye Health
• Support the Community of Practice in Inclusive Eye Health
We are looking for someone who has…
• Educated to degree level or above
• Proven experience of financial reporting against complex budgets
• Experience of participatory monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of programmes and projects
• Demonstrable experience of applying for and reporting against statutory and institutional funding
• Experience of working at a distance from some members of the team and of developing and maintaining distance working relationships.
• Ability and willingness to undertake overseas travel
• Demonstrable interpersonal skills that build consensus and partnership working
• Effective use of IT including excel, word, PowerPoint and databases
• Experience of working in or with the global South and in the disability field is desirable
• English Fluent, fluency in written and spoken French would be an advantage
• Understanding of international eye health, NTD and disability discourse and priorities and knowledge of the Project Management cycle would be beneficial
• A lived experience of a disability would be an advantage
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s code of conduct and commits to CBM’s Safeguarding Policy.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position. For further information about CBM’s inclusion policy, please see Here.
This vacancy is archived.