The Program Officer will support project implementation in Yemen. S/he will also be responsible for monitoring and evaluation of the Creative project. S/he will track and measure project deliverables and will be responsible for ensuring that project deliverables and donor requirements are met.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Program Officer will report to the Team Lead.
- Manage the project’s overall goals.
- Manage day-by-day activities and budgets for ongoing projects. This includes effective communication with local partners and ensure compliance with objectives and reporting requirements and.
- Support Creative in managing, designing and implementing workshops and special events based on program performance requirements.
- Review and approve the detailed work plan with tentative timeline;
- Identify, select and recruit experts/consultants in line with Creative recruitment procedures;
- Draft Scopes of Work (SOW), contact experts/consultants, and write selection memos;
- Supervise the work of consultants to ensure that they comply with their SOWs and produce deliverables on time and with highest professional quality;
- Ensure that consultants submit reports in a timely fashion and in conformity with their SOWs (weekly reports, final reports, contribution to Creative field weekly reports, etc.);
- Manage the Creative’s outreach archives with all required documentation clearly organized and easily accessible (agendas, list of participants, workshop materials, etc.);
- Represent Creative Team Lead in meetings and at conferences when requested; and
- Serve as Officer in Charge in Team Lead’s absence.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in relevant field; bachelor’s degree at minimum, master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations on implementation of technical assistance programs;
- Experience in project management;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel;
- Ability to remain highly organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with limited supervision and in a timely fashion;
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies of data collection, data analysis, and effective data presentation techniques;
- Excellent reporting and drafting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness;
- Detail-orientation, creativity, and dependability;
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines;
- Team-orientation and ability to collaborate;
- Tact and diplomacy; and
- Native Arabic and proficient English language skills.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.