Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
Term: Minimum 2 year commitment**
Deadline: Accepting applications on a rolling basis
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About Product Manager role The Product Manager position is a role that will help accelerate myAgro’s ability to scale, reach 100% sustainability and increase its impact. Reporting directly to the VP of Product, The Product Manager (PM) will be responsible for the strategic and tactical aspects myAgro’s product roadmap and driving the on-time delivery of myAgro’s products for Field Operations and Programs. The current product suite includes Commcare Mobile applications, Salesforce for Programs and Operations, Telerivet SMS communication, and OpenFN integration. The PM will be responsible for understanding use cases, developing strategic product solutions, defining functional product specifications, and overseeing the successful rollout of product support to the larger team.
- Own and drive functional development of myAgro’s technical products and tools for Field Operations and Programs; deeply understand use cases, develop functional specifications, and work with the Product Associate to communicate product development needs to our software team.
- Oversee the product support process to ensure successful product rollout to the larger team. Directly manages Senior Product Support Analyst responsible for facilitating product support processes.
- Develop and drive core functional expertise in myAgro’s products – product suite will adapt to myAgro’s program needs.
User Research and Product Design
- Collect business requirements conduct user research to develop strategic product solutions.
- Develop and collect feedback on UI design, product wireframes, and specs.
- Drive new product trials, as needed, using Lean Startup methodologies.
- Oversee strategy for product support processes and rollout, working directly with Senior Product Support Analyst.
Leadership / Management / Communication
- Directly manage product support staff responsible for user research and support.
- Key stakeholder in development of the myAgro product roadmap.
- Ensure regular communication of current project work and overall product roadmap to stakeholders and users at myAgro.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a Computer Science, UX design, ICT, or relevant working experience in similar fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ICT for development; proven track record having worked to develop creative technical solutions for rural contexts.
- Expertise in user requirements gathering and user design for mobile applications.
- Proven record of using Agile and/or Lean software development methodologies in a constantly changing environment.
- Proven ability to work independently on projects, with a remote team.
- Enjoys a fast paced work environment and at-ease with change.
- Fluent in English and at least full proficiency in French (we operate in 2 French speaking countries).
- Willingness to travel to remote locations to develop in-depth understanding of our work and our users.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Previous cross-cultural experience, preferably non-western and for a period of 3 months or more.
- Administrative experience in Salesforce, relational databases and (or) CRM systems.
- As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary.
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro.