Form of Employment: Full-time employment
Starting Date: As soon as possible / 1 January 2020
Duration: Seven months until 31 July 2020, with the possibility of extension
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Application deadline: 29 December 2019
Democracy Reporting International (DRI) is a non-partisan, independent, not-for-profit organisation registered in Berlin. Democracy Reporting International promotes political participation of citizens, accountability of state bodies and the development of democratic institutions world-wide.
DRI is operating in Sri Lanka since 2016 and has implemented various democratic strengthening projects with the support of the German Federal Foreign Office, the European Union, the Swiss Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, and the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ). DRI is working on the thematic areas of human rights, elections, and democratic discourse with a focus on strengthening civil society in their work towards democratic reforms.
DRI is currently recruiting a full-time Procurement and Logistics Assistant for its Country Office in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In collaboration with, and under the supervision of the Finance Manager, you will support procurement and logistics tasks to ensure DRI’s operations in Sri Lanka and the delivery of high-quality activities including workshops, conferences, trainings with a variety of stakeholders across the Island.
Your duties and responsibilities:
· Provide logistics assistance to the DRI local team and local experts to implement activities in Colombo and the provinces, including travel, accommodation arrangements, printing and design of documents;
· Liaise with the Communication Officer in the creation of posters, follow-up of the conceptualization and printing with the graphic designer of reports/leaflets/roll-ups etc;
· Provide support to inventory and asset management making sure DRI equipment such as multi-media projectors, cameras, recorders, banners etc. are well stored and maintained at all times;
· Ensure the proper organization of the workspace at the DRI Country Office;
· Attend to purchases, maintenance and repairs issues at the DRI Country Office including office equipment, office supplies and consumables, insurance matters etc.;
· Establish and manage relationships with suppliers and providers.
Qualifications we require:
This vacancy is archived.