This is a short-term pilot project which aims to establish a skilled, capacitated community police force, which will result in better security, reduced friction between residents and security forces, and therefore less space for malign actors in a post-conflict setting. This program would be an 8-9-month pilot program with the possibility of extension.
The Operations Officer will be responsible for providing administrative support with the overall target to maintain efficiency in program activities and ensuring full compliance with Creative internal policies and procedures. Please note: This position is only open to persons legally authorized to work in Germany
Reporting & Supervision:
The Operations Officer will report to the Implementation Manager.
- Support the Implementation Manager in daily office management, including logistical and administrative support, and drafting communication to local partners and subcontractors;
- Assist with all aspects of general office coordination; coordinating appointments, preparing/disseminating materials, translating and formatting letters and presentations;
- Ensure all employee files are complete and stored properly;
- Assist with implementation of HR procedures, supporting recruitment processes and attendance tracking; review timesheets and leave requests, publish vacancy announcements, interview scheduling, candidate longlisting, conducting reference checks; assisting onboarding, orientation and off-boarding;
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare reports as requested;
- Update Liaison Office Contact List, Phone Tree and Employee Database on a regular basis;
- Coordinate domestic travel and hotel arrangements related to program activities. Ensure all travel requests are responded timely, efficiently and arrangements comply with U.S. Government procedures;
- Review invoices, draft payment requests for operational expenses, office supplies and stationary; and
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Implementation Manager that are consistent with the overall focus of the assignment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- One to two (1-2) years of work experience in administration, operations, and/or Human Resources;
- Experience with international organizations or Non-Governmental Organizations preferred;
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other relevant field is preferred but not required;
- Working proficiency in German and English required. Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills are a plus;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, Outlook;
- Detail orientation, excellent ability to plan and follow up; and
- Must be legally authorized to work in Germany.