YOU'LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY ...
ensuring that the NY office is well-maintained, organized, and secure; serving as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments, and external parties, including vendors; and handling clerical and administrative duties, analyzing and improving office processes and procedures.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
- Managing the relationship with the building administration to ensure the high quality of services
- Controlling correspondence
- Operating the phone system making sure phone messages are accurately recorded & distributed
- Meeting and greeting guests and walk-ins
- Coordinating meeting rooms capacity, scheduling meetings, and providing support when necessary (meeting rooms equipment)
- Organizing and managing the storage closet and kitchen
- Ensuring maintenance of the office furniture including desks, chairs, cabinets, etc.
- Assisting headquarter staff with their office needs including use of the telephones, computers, and printers
- Managing the procurement of office materials and equipment
- Booking travel (flights and accommodation) for headquartes (HQ) staff
- Assisting with visa applications and other needs related to travels
- Assisting the Senior Logistics Advisor developing contracts for consultants at the HQ level, helping to disseminate policies and procedures among the teams
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
You’re a dedicated professional
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience in office management.
- You are an expert user of MS Office Suite, comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support.
- You speak and write English fluently.
You’re super organized and detail oriented
- You have experience working in a customer service role, responding to staff and clients from a wide range of cultures and professional backgrounds.
- You have ability to take initiative and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
You’re comfortable working and supporting others
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- You do not get flustered easily and strive to provide staff with quick feedback.
- You are genuinely interested in and committed to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.