The ninth Country Programme Cycle of the partnership between UNFPA and the Government of Indonesia 2016-2020 is focusing on policy advise and evidence-based advocacy, and knowledge sharing on issues related to population dynamics, reproductive health, youth, and gender equality both in development and emergency situation.
UNFPA is seeking to recruit a National UN Volunteer to assist Advocacy and Communication Team in the multi-media design and development, media monitoring, and social media management (maintenance, content development, and posting on UNFPA Indonesia’s social media accounts in Bahasa Indonesia and English, under the supervision of NPO for Advocacy.
Under the direct supervision of National Programme Officer for Advocacy, UNFPA Indonesia, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Design multi-media materials such as brochures, leaflets, books, short video and audio programmes;
- Conduct daily media monitoring on issues related to UNFPA mandates (population dynamics, reproductive health, youth, and gender equality).
- Development of compelling contents related UNFPA mandates (population dynamics, reproductive health, youth, and gender equality) for the relevant social media accounts (website, facebook, Instagram, tweeter, etc);
- Scheduling of social media posts in relevant applications such as Hootsuite;
- Monitoring of comments: thanking respondents/followers, acknowledging, and answering questions, and referring more difficult questions to relevant officers/colleagues;
- Monitoring of relevant tags/hastags, and develop monthly social media reports:
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- Integrity and professionalism: demonstrated expertise in area of specialty and ability to apply good judgment; high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment, while exercising discretion, impartiality and neutrality; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations.
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds; ability to maintain composure and remain helpful towards the staff, but objective, without showing personal interest; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability and willingness to operate independently in austere, remote and potentially hazardous environments for protracted periods, involving physical hardship and little comfort, and including possible extensive travel within the area of operations; willingness to transfer to other duty stations within area of operations as may be necessary;
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the UN core values.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in communication, journalism, multi-media design and/or other related field;
- At least two years of previous experience in management of official social media, and/or successful personal social media accounts;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both languages: Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Has good graphic design skills;
- High level of proficiency in standard computer software and multi-media design software;
- Willingness and ability to proactively seek relevant inputs, cooperation and guidance from supervisors and colleagues;
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, work within a climate of team-work and collaborate in a multi-cultural environment.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture.
United Nations Volunteers reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this opening for other openings with United Nations Volunteers with similar assignment description, experience and educational requirements.
Contract Duration: 12 months