We are seeking a proactive Nigeria Country Coordinator who will play a senior role on our new programme aimed at improving the sexual and reproductive health (SRH) of adolescents, including reducing high safe abortion rates and preventing unwanted pregnancies. The programme will be implemented in Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa. Its objective is to ensure young women are able to access quality comprehensive sexual and reproductive services and will support community based organisations to shift social norms and build girls’ agency though ICT platforms and interpersonal networks.
Objective of role
The Country Coordinator will play a key senior role in delivery of the programme in Nigeria, working closely with team members based in Kenya and South Africa. They will ensure our strategy is cohesively implemented, overseeing quality of country activities, and externally representing the programme as needed. A key part of this role will be to oversee Civil Society Organisation (CSO) grants and capacity building of grantees to support knowledge of SRH services and rights for young people in communities. The Coordinator needs to be willing to be based in South West Nigeria or Abuja depending on programme needs.
To succeed in this role you will need:
· Strong proven technical expertise in the field of sexual and reproductive health, rights, and social / behaviour change in relation to sensitive issues.
· Experience of programme management, including team management, contracting, planning, budgeting and risk management.
· Strong relationship management and communications skills.
· Significant experience in managing grants, with a proven track record in disbursing grants directly to grassroots organisations in remote and diverse contexts and building their capacity.
· Strategic thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Please see the job description for more details.
This vacancy is archived.