HIAS seeks a Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator to provide technical guidance and support to develop and improve systems to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness, strategic alignment, cost and overall impact of HIAS’ refugee assistance programs, including government-funded and privately funded projects. S/he is responsible for data analysis and database development support, general compliance and results reporting on programmatic performance and progress against program goals and deliverables. The Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator works closely with the Global and U.S. Programs teams and IT to deliver on essential duties.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Supports the continued improvement and institutionalization of key M&E standards, processes, and systems/tools that support our organizational planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Supports Program teams to develop and refine objectives, in indicator selection and measurement and create/contribute to M&E plans/frameworks, as needed.
- Supports the development of programming guidelines, project management tools and manuals, standard operating procedures and documentation related to data collection, management and analysis.
- Works closely with external M&E consultant(s), providing input on Terms of Reference, providing information on program activities throughout the consultancy, and working to ensure that recommendations are implemented beyond the consultancy period.
- Liaises with appropriate representatives to ensure robust data collection across country offices, standardizing collection methods, results and analysis as much as possible.
- Provides remote and on-site training for relevant office staff (including Country Directors and key staff) on best practices in data collection, program management, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategies.
- Travels to field and affiliate offices to monitor program implementation, provide operational assistance and supports compliance with program management standards.
- Identifies staff members in global offices to serve as key M&E points of contact; provides trainings, as needed (virtually or on-site) and conducts regular check-ins to monitor in-country progress on program deliverables.
- Implements best practices and policies for project management and M&E.
- Supports other M&E functions, as delegated
Planning, Data Management and Results Reporting
- Supports HIAS’s strategic planning cycles and annual planning processes for the Programs department.
- Tracks, analyzes and regularly reports on program indicators, progress against targets, program successes and lessons learned.
- Develops and runs reports as needed from databases and through statistical programming, including developing baseline assessments and tracking data and progress against baselines.
- Develops and produces charts, graphs, infographics and other visual representations of program activities and accomplishments.
- Performs basic and intermediate statistical analysis, as needed.
- Conducts data checks to ensure data quality related to analysis and research.
- Provides support to Programs senior management in the production of program reports and proposals, especially in the provision of outcome narratives and statistical reports.
- Serves as point of contact for other HIAS departments (Communications, Finance, U.S. Programs) for information on global program operations and activities.
- Provides senior management with regular updates on program outcomes for use in reports to funders and the HIAS Board of Directors.
- Participates in HIAS Working Group for Program Systems (IT, Global Programs and U.S. Programs); works to ensure that database programs accurately measure program activity data and works with IT staff as needed to refine database parameters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field is required; graduate degree highly preferred.
- A minimum of two to five years of work experience and experience in M&E and/or program management strongly preferred.
- Strong background in social justice, human rights and/or refugee issues is preferred.
- Ability to manage, track and report on program data.
- Proficiency with Excel in tracking and analyzing data.
- Experience in use of data management systems and/or statistical software packages highly preferred.
- Ability to travel to international field offices, as needed.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with familiarity writing funder reports, SOPs and other program management documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking skills; ability to multi-task.