The Media Reporting Assistant will be under the guidance of Media & Communications Coordinator to be responsible for the overall media and communications reports of IR Syria operation to convey the relevant information from the field through emergency and regular situation reports, media content and translation as required using the professional writing style and techniques based on the overall communications’ strategy.
· University degree in a related field or relevant field Media and/or Public relation from recognized institute;
· 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar position, with proven skills in writing and speaking Media English Language
· Previous experience with the UN and/or NGOs is an advantages;
· Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and computerized payroll systems;
· Experiences of preparing cases studies, blogs and using social media posting.
· Must demonstrate flexibility, and ability to readily adapt to changing requirements and environments;
· Team builder, sense of humor, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to resolve disputes and conflict;
· Excellent English Language skill;
· Arabic skills A plus;
· Must have cultural sensitivity and the ability to work in a multi-cultural team;
· Only Turkish citizens
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensuring that any report and collateral material that is developed is aligned with the brand’s quality requirements.
· Maintain IR Syria website and ensure that content is refreshed regularly. Work closely with internal teams to produce/refresh content that is suitable for the website such as presentations, pictures, videos... etc.
· Establish, maintain and follow up social media interactive accounts.
· Drive media activities around events and major interventions.
· Content development and production of e-newsletters, brochures and any other collateral that needs to be developed to support IR Syrian fundraising and brand-building objectives.
· Encourage submission of real life stories of beneficiaries with quotes by affected people, orphans, mothers, etc.
· Draft news of major implemented events or activities.
· Being responsible of developing, maintaining and updating the relevant pages of IR Syria's website by writing, proofing and editing articles for the website and other media platforms including social media.
· Write case studies and updates on IR Syria work and archiving all related media content.
· Ability to enter Syria to collect data of the general situation for press releases.
· Translation tasks from Arabic to English and vise-versa, especially for materials coming from the field.
· Writing captions for photos and description of raw media material and arranging field photos in IR digital.
· Writing and reviewing blogs and other articles from the field.
· Any other duties assigned by the line manager.
If you are reliable, service minded, discreet, and dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application form from the attached link and forward the completed form to Syria.Mission@irworldwide.org on or before the closing date.
· Interested applicants that possess the personal specifications mentioned above may apply by completing the attached job application and send it to Syria.Mission@irworldwide.org before 31st January 2018 at 5:00 pm.
· Please complete all the application and send it before the deadline, as any incomplete or late application will be refused.
· You may attach your CV with the application if you like, but CVs alone are not accepted without the complete application.
· Please rename the application file before sending it with your name and the position that you are applying for, and save it with the same format .
· For example: (Ahmed Essayed Mohammed - Project Officer.docx)
· Submitting this application does not represent any responsibility on the organization of any kind, and the organization has the right to set standards as it deems appropriate for the job according to the information available about all applicants, and to select candidates who will attend a job interview from among the applicants in accordance with those standards.
· If you have any query regarding the application, please send it to Syria.Mission@irworldwide.org