WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED INTERNS, INTERESTED IN PURSUING A HUMANITARIAN CAREER
An important member of the External Relations team, the Major Gifts and Special Events Intern will report directly to the Development Associate, Individual Giving and Special Events. He/she will work closely with the Major Gifts and Special Events team and support the entire External Relations unit during our busiest quarter of the year. The internship will be focused on helping with our annual Gala, executing major gifts outreach during year-end fundraising, and cultivating and stewarding donors. These are key pillars to a successful career in event planning in the fundraising sector and major gifts fundraising.
- Assist with logistics for the annual Gala on October 30th, including at the event.
- Support the planning and execution of Major Gifts’ year end fundraising efforts
- Assist with major donor stewardship
- Conduct various types of research
- Other projects for the External Relations team as needed
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA ?
- Current or recent undergraduate or graduate student, preferably studying Communications, International Relations, Finance, Business, Public Relations, Event Management, Fundraising, or Nonprofit Management.
- Highly driven with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for research as well as disseminating results and following through on findings.
- Comfortable interacting with people of all ages and nationalities.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills, especially via telephone or email.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger.
- Great attention to detail, enthusiasm, and desire to be a team player.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. if not a U.S. citizen.