- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Preparation of administrative team results-oriented work plans;
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving, recycling and reduction; strategies for the UN Common Premises as a whole, in consultation with office management/UN Common Premises Committee.
- Coordinates maintenance and upkeep of UN Common Premises including advising management on repairs and servicing of fixtures and equipment;
- Coordination of supplies required for maintenance of the building, in cooperation with UNDP Procurement Unit;
- Submission of information on administrative services provided for cost-recovery bills;
- Ensures effective supervision of maintenance and external vendors;
- Coordinates the security of the office premises in liaison with the security company providing guard services, in consultation with the UN Department of Safety and Security;
- Ensuring the optimum function of appliances and fixtures in the UN Common Premises;
- Liaison with building management on administrative matters and permits.
- Maintenance of common facilities to ensure integrated activities on common services;
- Proper planning and tracking of common services budget and of Agencies contributions to the common services account;
- Coordination of assets management, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports, coordination of physical verification of inventory items, in consultation with UNDP Procurement Unit;
- Backstop IT Support to ensure continued IT services, as and when required.
- Organization of training for staff on maintenance as and when required;
- Briefing to staff members on issues related to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Generate new ideas and approaches, researches best practices and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies and new approaches
- Understands and applies fundamental concepts and principles of a professional discipline or technical specialty relating to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Identifies new and better approaches to work processes and incorporates same in own work
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
- Researches potential solutions to internal and external client needs and reports back in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Actively supports the interests of the client by making choices and setting priorities to meet their needs
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- 5 years of relevant experience in administration or maintenance supervision or related field.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year, renewable