WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of ABAP Backend Senior Developer based at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy. Duration of assignment 6 months.
The Sourcing Team of WFP Technology Division needs to manage our vendors’ life cycle. This consultancy contract handles the routine daily activities and tasks that focus on following each of our vendors through their life cycle with us, to maximize the potential to achieve the branch’s business and service outcomes through vendor partnerships.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Assist the sourcing team with non-confidential routine activities and tasks during tenders to acquire vendors that meet the current and future needs of the branch.
- After contract finalization, keep vendor focal point and contact details up-to-date and accessible to branch stakeholders who hire vendors.
- Keep track of each vendor’s mix of WFP relevant skills and each vendor’s capacity for WFP work. Keep track of how the branch is using vendors’ capacity. Alert the sourcing team, branch heads of unit and branch project managers / product owners if any vendor capacity is moving towards, reaching or surpassing over-use thresholds.
- Assist the sourcing team gather vendor performance data from branch heads of unit, branch project managers / product owners and branch scrum masters after vendor engagement finishes and during longer running engagements. Keep track of vendors’ performance over time and share it with branch personnel responsible for selection of vendor(s) for branch work.
- Assist the sourcing team, branch heads of unit and branch project managers / product owners gather metrics and calculate KPIs or SLA performance stipulated in vendor contracts. Alert branch stakeholders if SLA under-performance is moving towards, reaching or surpassing contractual penalty thresholds. Keep track of contractual KPIs or SLA performance over contracts’ life.
- Share the branch’s vendor spending data regularly with the sourcing team, branch heads of unit and branch project managers / product owners. Alert the sourcing team, branch heads of unit and branch project managers / product owners if any vendor spend is moving towards, reaching or surpassing over-spend thresholds.
- Assist the sourcing team retire vendors that no longer meet the needs of the branch.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- University degree in Business Management, Economics, Procurement or other related field.
- Two years progressively more responsible experience in sourcing coordination in organization(s) of size comparable to WFP.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Project management;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Team player coupled with demonstrated ability to work autonomously;
- Passionate and committed to excellence;
- Ethics & Values;
- Client Orientation;
- Cognitive Capacity;
- Stress Resistance;
- Behavioural Flexibility:
- Business Management or Public-Sector Procurement knowledge or skills are advantageous.
Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese is a desirable.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 22 October 2018
Ref.: VA No. 100129
Qualified female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.