Justice and Peace Netherlands is a non-profit organisation based in The Hague that is dedicated to defending and promoting respect for human rights and social justice, worldwide and in the Netherlands. Empowering change on the local level for human rights – that is our mission. To achieve this, we focus on pragmatic and solutions-based approaches to promoting and protecting the respect for human rights, for everyone, everywhere.
We support human rights defenders who work at the local level worldwide with trainings, our temporary relocation programme Shelter City, research and advocacy. We are also dedicated to an equitable treatment and protection of refugees. In 2019, we set up a new community sponsorship initiative Samen Hier to establish and guide local Welcome Groups of five with a refugee.
To support our Communications team in outreach and brand awareness, both for Justice and Peace and Shelter City, we are looking for an:
Intern Online Communications
32 hours, from March 2020 for approx. 4 months
The internship includes the following activities:
- Creation of written and designed content for our various online channels: articles, blogs, newsletters, campaigns, ads, video, photography, designs;
- Assist in managing our social channels and websites
- Contributing to the analysis of our social media platforms and websites;
- Contributing to the development of a new Shelter City website;
- Content migration and SEO for the Justice and Peace/Shelter City website;
- Media monitoring regarding national and international developments in the field of human rights and migration, Dutch and EU policies related to Justice and Peace projects, identifying chances to respond to current events, in regard of the visibility and reputation of Justice and Peace;
- Contributing to the organisation and promotion of events;
- Other activities that may come up during the internship.
We are looking for candidates with the following competences:
- At least a third year student Bachelor level in Media / Communications or a discipline related to (international) human rights and experience with online communication;
- Skills in writing, designing, photography, video and photo editing, WordPress, campaigning and/or fundraising;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and preferably Dutch language, French or Spanish is an asset (offline and online, for different target groups);
- Able to translate complex information into clear and appealing messages to the relevant parties;
- Affinity with the field of human rights and migration;
- Creative and result-oriented, takes initiative, flexible, stress resistant, professional, team player, open mind, analytical skills.
We offer you:
- An internship fee of €400 gross per month (based on a full working week of 36 hours);
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses (2nd class public transport);
- A workplace at our great office (Het Nutshuis) in The Hague centre;
- Fresh coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato … we have everything!);
- 50% discount on your lunch at the Juni Café at Het Nutshuis;
- Good atmosphere in a small multicultural team, where working hard and having fun go hand-in-hand;
- The opportunity to meet with and learn about many organisations and institutions working in the field of human rights, human rights defenders, development, and migration.