VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
The ICS Senior Finance Manager will manage the ICS finance officer(s) and logistics team and is responsible for the financial management and performance of the £100m ICS contract. This includes risk management, budget, expenditure and financial compliance for VSO and consortium partners, ensuring consistency across subcontractors, efficient performance by results implementation, and value for money spend, according to contract targets.
This job is dependent on the award of future funding for the ICS contract in mid-2020.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together.
Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
We also offer a range of additional benefits:
* A friendly and supportive office environment
* Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Competitive pension with Scottish Widows (matched at 5%)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Free parking
* Lockers and shower facilities
* Fun free lunch time activities like boot camp
* Professional development
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme offering free, confidential support and guidance on a wide range of topics from money matters to legal issues, as well as counselling and a helpline.
* VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
* VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide sponsorship for this position, so please ensure you have the right to work in the UK before you apply.
This vacancy is archived.