The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. The Activity will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
Provides employee and Human Resources staff support in several functional areas including recruitment, employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, payroll, HRIS and training & development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follows the Global FHI 360’s recruitment, selection and hiring process and procedure to ensure that the recruitment, selection and hiring processes are performed in accordance with FHI 360 Bangladesh HR Policy requirement.
• Handles confidential HR and non-routine information and explains departmental policies when necessary.
• Reviews and ensures that all required documents for Staff Requisition Process are complete and ready for obtaining final approval. Coordinate and prepare necessary paperwork (i.e. Consultant Request, Approval of SOW, Contract) to hire consultants as per FHI 360 policy.
• Develops and implements orientation programs for new hired staff.
• Functions as initial point of contact for employees with HR-related questions.
• Recommends improvements or changes in systems, processes, or procedures to management.
• Works with management and recruiting partners to ensure employment and sourcing systems are implemented that meet the demands of the company’s current and future skill needs.
• Arranges/updates Group Insurance policy and staff insurance claims and forward to the insurance agency for claim.
• Reviews staff OPD claim and forwards them to the finance for final approval and payment
• Manages all travel and visa related functions in relation expat visa and work permit, NGO Affairs Bureau Registration/Renewal, Visa Processing and Hotel Reservation for Foreign Consultants
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Working knowledge of Human Resources Management and local labor law and practices.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS / Payroll systems.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with accuracy and on a timely basis with minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow.
• Ability to handle oral and written communications independently.
• Able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public.
• Service minded well organized, strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
• At least 5 years of experience providing generalist experience with multi-national companies or international non-profit organization.
• Computer spreadsheet experience required.
• Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations will be an advantage.
• Good in English and local language.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This vacancy is archived.