Creative Associates seeks an experienced Human Resources Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded Somalia education project. The Human Resources (HR) Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will provide a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The HR Manager is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals as well as ensuring compliance with Creative and client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The HR Manager reports to the Director of Finance and Operations and will be based in Mogadishu. The HR Manager will liaise regularly with the Regional HR Manager and the HQ Global HR Manager on related project and corporate HR matters.
- Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations;
- Lead/coordinate the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Onboarding/orientation of new project hires;
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedure;
- Responsible for coordinating staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receive and log various grievances or complaints from employees; consults with Regional HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provides recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review;
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field is required;
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible HR experience with six (6) years of general experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations;
- Familiarity with local employment law;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; and
- Fluency in English and Somali is required.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.