|Vacancy Notice No: WPRO/16/FT565 |
Title: Human Resources Assistant
Contract type: Fixed-term Appointment
Duration of contract: Two Years
|Date: 14 September 2016 |
Application Deadline: 5 October 2016
(21 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Organization unit: WP/DAF Director, Administration and Finance (WP/DAF) /
WP/HRM Human Resources Management (WP/HRM)
|OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :|
The Division of Administration and Finance provides administrative and financial services to all Regional activities and programmes to facilitate achievement of WHO objectives. The post is located within the Human Resources Management (HRM) unit which provides effective delivery of HR services and support to the Region's technical programmes. Specifically, the unit is responsible for job classification, recruitment and selection, contract administration, entitlements administration, learning and development, performance management, HR advisory services in the Region, coordination of salary surveys and other related surveys initiated by the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC). The unit also contributes to HR policy development and/or review.
|Description of duties:|
Under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant and guidance of the Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Provides comprehensive and authoritative advice to staff at all levels on employment conditions and entitlements, briefs/counsels staff members (new or current) on their entitlements in respect of salary and allowances, various leaves, change in family status, etc. Provides guidance and support to Professional staff on rental subsidy policy, housing, lease agreements and negotiations with landlords and other related matters and coordinates with other units the installation of the staff member at the new duty station;
2. Provides administrative support on the conduct of local staff salary surveys, both comprehensive and interim, including preparation of documentation and briefing materials for Local Salary Survey Committee (LSSC) of the duty station, as well as assistance in the local salary surveys in country offices where WHO is the responsible lead agency;
3. Collects data for International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) cost of living, classification of duty station and housing surveys, including follow up with staff in WHO and other UN agencies located in Manila;
4. Prepares background material and documentation for meetings of the various HR Standing Committees, including Classification Review, Continuing Appointment, HIV/AIDS, Local Reassignment, and Health, Safety, and Wellbeing;
5. Organizes recognition and award ceremonies for long-service and retirement. Reviews and monitors staff eligible for the awards. Coordinates with Supply Unit on the purchase of award items;
6. Provides administrative assistance to the Regional Human Resources Manager (RHRM) in conflict resolution and appeal by collating, analyzing relevant data and coordinating the preparation of the Administration Statement in cases of appeal, including research of background documentation and drafting material;
7. Provides administrative support on medical evacuation cases through coordination of approval, assistance on travel arrangements, and guidance on procedures;
8. Gathers data and drafts Information Circulars on annual holidays observed by all countries in the Region, as well as guidance on general topics relevant to staff members; and
9. Performs other related tasks, as required.
Completion of secondary education. University degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology, Public or Business Administration, Law or related field is preferred. Specialized training in HR management, including compensation and administration of justice is highly desirable.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.
Thorough knowledge of HR rules and regulations and information resources applicable to compensation, benefits and administration of justice within WHO and the UN. Proven skills in drafting and editing required. Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Global Management System (GSM) is highly desirable. Tact and diplomacy in dealing with parties in appeal cases and external counterparts. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds, and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Six years' experience in human resources required. Experience in compensation and administration of justice in an international organization is preferred. Experience in multi-cultural work environment and working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems are considered as advantages.
Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
Post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the office. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and these will be reviewed individually.
|Annual salary: (Net of tax)|
PhP 605 091 at single rate
This vacancy is archived.