- Personnel Service Agreement
- REFERENCE NO.:
- Kuala Lumpur
- UTC +8
- CLOSING DATE:
- Open until position is filled
United Nations University objectives
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development, and dissemination of knowledge in furtherance of the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. The mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
We are looking for an individual with relevant human resources (HR) experience to provide support in the management, coordination, and execution of HR functions.
Reporting to the Human Resources Associate, the main duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources Assistant shall include the following:
- providing assistance for a full range of services related to selection and recruitment of UNU staff members, contractors, and temporary staff
- providing guidance on administrative processes and procedures to staff
- preparing relevant documentations for contractual work, ensuring timely submission of performance evaluation reports and payment to contractors
- monitoring transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, and entitlements and separations
- preparing statistical tables and reports related to HR activities
- monitoring and updating security database and compliance
- providing assistance in the research and implementation of HR projects
- organising training courses and workshops, including logistics and administrative support services
- providing general office support services, including scheduling of appointments/meetings, preparation of minutes and reports, filing, and routine correspondence
- performing other duties as may be assigned or required
Required qualifications and experience
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a secondary school education certificate; a university degree in Human Resources or related fields is desirable, but not a requirement
- at least 5 years of relevant working experience in human resources management
- background with an international work experience is desirable
- sound knowledge and experience in administration and interpretation of HR policies
- experience in compiling and reporting HR-related statistics will be advantageous
- proficiency with MS Office; in particular, good Excel spreadsheet skills and experience in handling ERP systems would be advantageous
- fluency in both oral and written English is required; knowledge of another UN official language is an asset
- ability to establish priorities, multitask, and work within tight timelines
- excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and level of responsibilities within the Administration.
Duration of contract
This is full-time employment on a one (1) year Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) contract with UNU, with the possibility for renewal subject to requirements and satisfactory work performance. The combined duration of appointments shall not exceed six (6) years.
This is a locally recruited post; no relocation allowances apply. The successful candidate will be employed under a local contract and will not hold international civil servant status nor is he/she a “staff member” as defined in the UN Staff Rules and Regulations.
As soon as possible.