Lead the delivery of VSO Uganda’s (VSOU) programmes/projects by applying and meeting VSO’s People First principles, donor guidelines and evidence-based M&E framework; Develop and implement a coherent and integrated annual operational plan for programmes; Ensure that robust and effective M&E methods & tools are applied to evidence generation supporting data analysis, reporting and programme decision making. Lead drafting of impact oriented donor and internal reports including Annual Country Review Report by working in close collaboration with the M&E lead and Programme Managers(PMs); Ensure effective partnerships are developed with a mechanism in place and review the partnership and measure impact of capacity support provided to partner.
Lead programme monitoring by engaging programme staff and volunteers to ensure shared understanding and contributions to quality programme delivery and development. Work with the PMs and other relevant colleagues in the wider organisation to develop quality communication materials on VSOU’s programmes targeting strategic internal and external audience.
* Ensuring that the Country Programme has up-to-date understanding and analysis of the development context and needs, engaging all relevant stakeholders.
* Support PMs to establish the new Thematic leadership process in the country office in Education, Livelihoods and Health. Also ensure that VSO’s Core Approaches of Gender & Social Inclusion, social accountability and resilience are appropriately embedded across all signature programmes.
People Management/ Volunteer Support:
Provide leadership and management support to programme team, ensuring the effective and timely management of the country programme, including the planning and delivery against agreed targets. Effectively manage performance of the direct report as also the overall programmes team by adopting a people-centered approach and holding staff and volunteers to account. Working with all members of the VSO team to support and maintain a collaborative culture between volunteer experts and the Country Office, particularly with respect to the participation and engagement of volunteer experts in programme planning, implementation and review; supporting them to identify linkages between their work and delivery of VSO’s goals.
Ensure application of people first principles in volunteer experts management and support
Country Leadership Team (CLT):
* Work closely and collaboratively as a member of the CLT on all aspects of VSO’s programmes in Uganda and make strategic contributions.
* Working closely with programme team, and within the framework of the Country Strategic Plan while embedding VSO’s people first principles into the daily practice of VSO.
Financial and Resource Management:
* Working closely with the Head of Finance, Grants and Procurement and budget holders to develop, manage and monitor programme budgets (including ensuring value for money, effective grants management and expenditure within agreed budgets).
* Be accountable for VSOU’s programming resources and assets (including ensuring VSO procurement and other policies, procedures, and control systems are followed by project teams and implementing partners).
Security and Risk Management:
Ensure that programme staff and volunteers are familiar and comply with VSOU’s Security Guidelines. Take part in the VSO Emergency Officer rota system.
Representation, Advocacy and Networking:
* Develop strategic networks enabling VSO to leverage a collective voice in support of our country strategy.
* Working closely with the Country Representative to develop a media strategy, create communication tools and produce seminal materials in sync with the country strategy.
* Develop strategic civil society and private sector networks and alliances, strengthening civil society action in line with our country strategy.
* Ensure VSO participation at relevant fora – such as sectoral working groups, conferences etc.
* Represent VSO in strategic external fora as appropriate and as delegated by the Country Representative
This vacancy is archived.