Position:Grants Manager (Re-advertisement, previous applicants need not reapply)
Application Deadline:15 October 2018
Start Date:As soon as possible
Under the supervision and guidance of the Regional Programme Manager, the Grants Manager will have overall responsibility for managing local partner programmes and will provide day-to-day supervision on the projects being implemented under the LEAD programme. S/he will work with the Regional Programme Manager and local Country Managers to evaluate grant submissions and ensure all grants are executed according to SPARK and Donor regulations.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Under the responsibility of the Regional Programme Manager, the Grant Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Analyse and evaluate grant submissions for technical and budget strength and compliance with SPARK & Donor regulation, providing recommendations and feedback to the RPM
- Oversee and manage the issuance of awards, maintaining accurate and correct documentation of LEAD programme grant portfolio
- Act as the main focal point for local partners, providing technical support and guidance when required.
- Organising capacity building measures for the partner to remedy their assessed weaknesses;
- Monitor local partner implementation, including attending events and trainings, reviewing narrative reports, etc.
- Ensure close coordination of grant awards compliance by coordinating with finance
- Provide training and capacity building to staff and local partners on specific areas related to grant management
- Support the Country Managers and RPM in identifying opportunities for programme development
Requirements and Skills
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing grants and awards, preferably in fragile contexts
- English and Arabic written and spoken fluently. (French desirable)
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Business, Social Science or other related field
- Knowledge of budget development & project management
- Previous experience with international partners, particularly Government of the Netherlands, EU, UN, USAID
- Ability to travel to unstable security environments.