The Finance Manager will be based in Sana’a, Yemen. S/he will provide overall financial management and oversight for the project and will work closely with the Team Lead. This position will also be a liaison with the Home Office to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies with regard to implementation of effective internal controls.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Manager will report to the Team Lead.
- Project financial records are up to date and complete on a monthly basis;
- Payments to vendors, staff, and grantees are accurate and prompt;
- The project complies with Department of State and Yemen government regulations, with no waste or abuse of project funds;
- The project’s office coordinates effectively with Creative home office staff to ensure the successful completion of activities.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures;
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations;
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters offices;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds;
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy;
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the Controller;
- Ensure monthly field expense reports; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in accounting or financial management desired; B.S. degree with at least eight (8) years of experience required;
- Previous financial management of a donor-funded project in Yemen;
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing countries;
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system; and
- Native Arabic speaker is required; fluency in English is a plus.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.