Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance.
ADB only hires nationals of its 67 member countries.
The position is assigned in the PRC Resident Mission within the East Asia Department. The ADB-PRC Resident Mission (PRCM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB's activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGOs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
To assist the Finance and Administration Officer in finance, accounting and logistics tasks at the Resident Mission. The incumbent will report to designated International Staff and National Staff.
- Acts as the RM's Financial Management Accounting System (FMAS) processor. Prepares and verifies vouchers, receipts and other supporting documentation for RM's financial transactions.
- Maintains accurate and timely accounting records and provides periodic and ad hoc reports of RM's financial transactions relating to both operational and administrative activities in accordance with ADB's guidelines and procedures.
- Facilitates payment for RETA/TA and other related transactions and prepares the liquidation reports for projects in coordination with project officers and CTIS.
- Maintains petty cash fund under supervision by Senior Finance and Administration Officer in accordance with ADB Standard and performs daily/ periodic banking functions (deposits, withdrawals).
- Acts as the Overtime coordinator for RM. Records and verifies staff OT transactions.
- Assists Senior Finance and Administrative Officer in preparation of annual and medium-term operational plans, administrative budgets and various budgets for RM.
- Acts as Alternate Budget Coordinator for RM by recording and updating the annual and mid-year budget in the Budget Management Control System (BMCS).
- Responsible for issuing travel advance, monitoring of travel budget utilization for RM, and submission of travel related documentation in close coordination with CTIS to meet ADB guidelines on business travel.
- Assists in monitoring quality and economic use of office supplies, and maintains adequate stock of supplies.
- Provides other administrative support and duties as needed, to help meet collective organizational goals of ADB and as reflected in the incumbent's workplan.
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or related field5 years of work experience; related experience in international agencies is preferred
- Good typing skills
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of common word-processing, spreadsheets and graphics software used in ADB
- Able to liaise and work effectively with staff within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds; good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions and standardized practices
- Able to maintain composure under pressure
- Able to possess tact and awareness of proper protocol; pleasant personality
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 4
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of PRC.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.