Doctors of the World - Greece
Open call for Athens/ Larissa / Kavala- Drama
4 months starting fro**m January 2018**
Description of the Organisation:
Doctors of the World / Médecins du Monde (MdM), founded in 1990, is a medical humanitarian non-governmental organization and is a member of Médecins Du Monde International which consists of 15 delegations (Argentina, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Japan, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States of America). MdM is an independent NGO, whose modus operandi is characterized by its swift, small scale and targeted delivery of humanitarian assistance to populations in danger. The guiding principle underlying MdM’s activities is that every human being has a right to humanitarian assistance, irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, ideology or political persuasion. MdM is, therefore, guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. Being neutral, however, does not preclude MDM from speaking out about human rights abuses witnessed in the field. Where possible, MdM draws attention to such abuses either by means of silent diplomacy or through the media. The long-term goal of MDM is to make healthcare a basic human right.
The organization has been active in Greece for 25 years, developing quality of care, improving access and advocating for the right to health for all people. It also thrives to promote good management of the health facilities it supports. Médecins du Monde – Greece, since the beginning of its operations, has been implementing several projects within Greece and abroad, in order to provide medical as well as other services to marginalized populations that cannot access healthcare services and medical care.
General objective of the position
MdM aims to improve access to health care for vulnerable people. Within this scope, MDM launched the project Free and quality access to health care for migrants in the migratory process in March 2016. The project, financed by the ECHO, conducts medical and psycho-social activities in a number of accommodation facilities for migrant populations in Greece.
Currently, MdM is present in four regions in Greece. Each regional team is headed by a Field Coordinator that performs a variety of functions and tasks in collaboration also with the Technical Coordinators based in Athens.
The Field Coordinator ensures the effective implementation of MdM activities in the field, oversees, coordinates and consolidates the daily operations and field team management, to ensure a smooth implementation of project’s and operations’ activities in order to achieve the expected results within the set time frames and efficient use of avaliable resources.
▪ Line manager: Deputy General Coordinator
Specific objectives, responsibilities and tasks
1. Team management
▪ Coordination of field team(s) ensuring efficiency and a climate of trust and wellbeing in the team
▪ Line management of field team members (caregivers and support staff)
▪ Promoting and chairing regular team meetings
▪ Promoting individual meetings for performance follow-up
▪ Briefing of new team members
▪ Anticipating HR needs
▪ Encouraging and facilitating staff training and staff care support
2. Implementation of operation on the field
▪ Ensure the implementation of the deployment plans in the area and provide feedback accordingly
▪ Coordinate all planned activities in the area of intervention, ensuring that the implementation of the field operations is accurate and consistent
▪ Prepare weekly schedules for the team(s) taking into consideration the indications received from coordination in Athens
▪ Liaise with other services/actors to ensure MdM team’s presence is complementary with other services, health structures and NGOs in the same area
▪ Communicate permanently with target communities to explain the character of the programme, risks involved, possibilities, etc.
▪ Monitor context change and report on situation analysis, resources and gap analysis, trends in the situation of the area
▪ Identify bottlenecks or problems at field level, report them and propose possible solutions
▪ Prepare reports on activities progress to be shared on regular basis with coordination in Athens
▪ Monitor data collection on regular basis
▪ Prepare of handover documents
3. Safety and security on the field
▪ Ensure safety and security of team members and materials in the field, following the related SOP and guideline
▪ Responsible for monitoring security at field level and provide updates to the Security Focal Point in Athens about any concern/change in the situation.
▪ Responsible for the implementation of safety and security rules in the office and in the field accordingly to the SOP/guideline
▪ Liaise and communicate with target communities, local authorities and health actors in the area appropriately and accordingly to inputs received from coordination in Athens
▪ Provide the first level of conflict resolution and back-stopping in the target communities.
▪ Attend and follow up the humanitarian coordination meetings and any other meeting as per request by coordination in Athens
▪ Facilitate media, donors and other visits to the field
5. Logistics, administration and finance management on the field
▪ Supervise the LAF (log/admin/fin support) in logistic tasks
o management of procurement ensuring that purchases are made according to MdM standard rules and procedures
o coordination of logistic means for the field
o management of all non-medical stocks, performing regular inventories
o follow-up on fuel and vehicles inspection
o follow-up on real estates (office and guest-house)
o follow-up on sub-contracted works
▪ Supervise the LAF (log/admin/fin support) in HR & Administration
o Follow-up on HR issues (leave requests, monthly timesheets, travel request, per diems etc.)
o Follow-up on staff accommodation and briefings (welcome and brief of new employees and visitors, organize an assign accommodation for new employees, visitors and mobile team members, etc.)
o Debrief out-going employees and ensure that all outstanding HR issues are finalized before departure
o Follow-up on internal MdM HR procedures and policies
§ Supervise the LAF in managing field Finance and Accounting:
o In collaboration with the LAF prepare and submit to the Finance Coordinator the monthly cash request according to identified operational needs
o Ensure that funds are received, kept safe and managed according to MdM standard rules and guidelines
o Ensure that the monthly management of accounts is performed as per MdM standard rules and procedures (regular cash counts and end-of-month cash reconciliations)
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve according to the project needs.
§ Degree in social sciences, political sciences, economics, business administration or public health, or at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
§ Experience with non-profit organizations
§ Experience with working in large teams
§ Experience with working in an international and multi-cultural environment
§ Experience in a multi-disciplinary position
§ Fluency in English and Greek
§ Good computer skills
§ Ability to work in team and in a multicultural environment
§ Ability to respond positively and constructively to a rapid changing operational environment
§ Strong team player, positive, pro-active and problem-solving approach
§ Autonomous, flexible and able to work under pressure
§ Well organized and able to prioritize
§ Able to respect confidentiality
§ Effective oral and written communication skills
This vacancy is archived.