Under the guidance and direct supervision of the RC, the Executive Associate to RCO ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RC office, full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, maintenance of protocol procedures, management of information flow and follow-up on deadlines and commitments made.
The Executive Associate can supervise the secretarial and clerical staff of the office. The Executive Associate to RCO works in close collaboration with UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
1. Ensures effective and efficient functioning of the RC office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the supervisor’s calendar, contacts with high-ranking visitors, arrangement of appointments and meetings
- Maintenance of protocol procedures.
- Assure that briefs of high quality are prepared for appointments, meetings, missions.
- Management of RCO missions and representation schedule.
- Organization of meetings, workshops
- Assists in dealing with visitors/missions/meetings from foreign countries, preparing a proper agenda; accommodation, logistics matters, etc.
- Maintenance of rosters of high-level partners, telephone lists.
- Receive, screen and log correspondence, and forward to the appropriate staff member
- Finalize correspondence and review all outgoing correspondence for composition and style as well as grammatical accuracy, factual correctness and verify adherence to established procedures and clearances.
- Prepare congratulations letters, thank you letters, etc. in order to always keep an active and significant presence in the market
- Provide support in the organization of cocktails, receptions, etc.; as well as retreats, workshops and seminars, including scheduling, accommodation, logistics and market research for the same
- Use of automated office management systems for effective functioning of the RC office.
- Coordinates different issues, on a daily basis, with all units of the office.
2. Ensures provision of effective communications support to the office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials. Use of automated filing system.
- Coordination of the information flow in the office, follow up on circulation files.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to RC.
- Screen, assess and refer telephone calls and enquiry to appropriate staff; provide information on a variety of questions related to working matters; coordinate and expedite office-wide responses through telephone and written enquiry.
- Special effort to maintain a good working relation with colleagues
- Special effort to always project the best image to clients and to give them the best quality service
3. Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide procedural advice and training to UN staff on coordination, administration and protocol issues, when required.
- Provide support to the Coordination Team, when needed.
- Support the RCO in the completion of ICSC surveys like Housing Survey, Place to Place, Hardship Duty station among others, and others that may require coordination with all agencies within the United Nations system.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the RC office. Accurate analysis and presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the RC office and promotes the image of UN as an effective contributor to the development of the country. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Building Strategic Partnerships
Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Documents ‘best practices’ in organizational change and development within and outside the UN system
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Provides inputs to the development of simple system components
Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilita ting and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Secondary Education with specialized secretarial training. University Degree or equivalent would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 7 years of progressively responsible secretarial, administrative, programme experience is required at the national or international level. Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English and the UN national language of the duty station (Spanish).
Important applicant information
Application Deadline based on NY time, please consider the time difference between Peru and NY (USA / 2 hours before midnight in Peru).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: December 31, 2019 (with possibility for extension)