The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Position in IT/ Software Development for its Forecast-based Financing (FbF) project in Peru.
German Red Cross is implementing a Forecast based financing (Fbf) project in Peru which includes on the one hand the programming of a district wide telephone/email alert system in case of upcoming extreme weather events and on the other hand the analysis of existing meteorological- and risk maps. A program needs to be developed which combines those two maps and gives an analysis in which district the risk of extreme weather events is highest in the upcoming season. This will support the accuracy of the GRC interventions in Peru.
Furthermore Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) activities of the FbF project need to be supported.
The applicant must be an EU citizen or long-term resident in an EU member State.
Duration 12 months (15 August, 2019 - 15 August, 2020) [Starting date/ Ending date are flexible]
Responsibilities and Tasks:
· Programming of a district wide telephone/email alert system in close coordination with the Peruvian Red Cross (PRC)
· Develop a program which combines and analyses different maps to an overall Forecast-risk map.
· Train PRC staff in using and maintaining the programs.
· Development of training manual for the program.
· Support of the project delegate in PMER activities.
· Experience in Programming.
· Experience in GIS is an asset.
· Oral and written fluency in Spanish, any additional language is of advantage.
· Willingness to work in the office and occasionally test in the field
· Willingness to travel to the field (in Peru and Ecuador)
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles.
· Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments.
EU Aid Volunteers offers to you:
· Working with the worldwide largest humanitarian network
· Pre-deployment training
· Travel and accommodation
· Subsistence allowance based on local costs, to cover your main living costs
· Insurance during your deployment
· A resettlement allowance
Application 30 April, 2019
Interview Mai, 2019
EU Volunteer Training 30/06 – 14/07 (NL)
German Red Cross Mini Impact Training June, 2019
Earliest date of deployment 15 August 2019
This vacancy is archived.