The “TB Innovations and Health Systems Strengthening” project is a 5-year USAID funded project that aims to strengthen national and regional level implementation of the National TB Strategic Plan by providing state-of-the-art capacity building and technical expertise to scale-up TB and DR-TB prevention, detection and treatment. The Activity will identify and help implement proven approaches to improve TB prevention, increase TB case detection rates, decrease default rates, and increase TB treatment success rates and TB cure rates.
Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations in the country office. Assists clients during entry and exit from vehicles as necessary and other courtesies. Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicle; washes exterior and cleans interior; ensures maintenance and repair of the vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Transports Country Office staff, consultants, and visitors to designated approved locations.
• Ensures safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the vehicle.
• Provides day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle with timely oil changes, inspections, brakes, and tire pressure.
• Makes arrangement for major repairs for the vehicle when needed.
• Ensures all required documents with the vehicle are in order and up to date regarding vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, and necessary spare parts.
• Plans route and requirements based on schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
• Ensures passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
• Fulfills special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands.
• May provide protection for clients in locations deemed high risk.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• With minimal supervision, manage high volume work flow.
• Service minded well organized, strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle multiplied tasks and demanding schedules to deliver high quality results on time.
• Knowledge of general office practices and organizational skills, administrative and planning skills.
• Good proficiency in computer software applications in particular Microsoft World, and Excel.
• Good command of spoken and written English and proficiency in local language.
• Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
• Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Typical office environment. Ability to work long hours if needed. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
• High School or Equivalent
• 1-3 years of related driving experience.
• Must have a trade test certificate, a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
• Experience in the operation of large vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This vacancy is archived.