Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a global, nonprofit, Christian housing organization working in approximately 70 countries around the world. Our vision is of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We work toward our vision by building strength, stability and self-reliance in partnership with people and families in need of a decent and affordable home. Through financial support, volunteering or adding a voice to support affordable housing, everyone can help families build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.
When you join Habitat for Humanity you are not only joining a global organization, but a diverse team of over 800+ people who value;
· Humility: We are part of something bigger than ourselves
· Courage: We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular
· Accountability: We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission
We invite you to visit our website to learn more about us, our values and how we work.
Located in Bratislava Slovakia, as a Donor Relations Officer, you will offer high quality back-office support to Habitat Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA's) front facing fundraisers, to acquire and maintain current partnerships project portfolio. This includes; supporting EMEA Area Office (AO) fundraisers acquire $8M revenue annually and support them to steward a $36M+ portfolio of active grants, support the fundraisers to maintain and grow an active pipeline of potential revenue. On top of this, you will also support fundraisers (including United States Habitat affiliates) from outside of EMEA who have donors ready to support EMEA by providing $4m+ annually to EMEA programs. You will join a team of three people based in Bratislava providing support to three front facing fundraisers active in EMEA region. The whole Bratislava team consists of 45 people but you will closely cooperate also with our colleagues in Pretoria, South Africa and around the world.
· Support acquisitions and donor pipeline by;
o Internet research and donor information management
o Drafting PowerPoint presentations for the meetings of the front facing fundraisers
· Active portfolio management and donor stewardship, including reporting of the active grants.
· Support EMEA’s external donors in internal contracts management and reports acquirement.
· Help to meet fundraising targets and donor stewardship portfolio.
· CRM database management
· Internal reporting support
· Cross-departmental project and related documentation coordination.
To thrive as a Donor Relations Officer at Habitat for Humanity EMEA, you:
· Have a University degree in International Relations, Fundraising, Political Science, Marketing, Business Management, or related field.
· Have 3-5 years’ work experience.
· Have a strong interest in international development, poverty issues, housing issues.
· Have strong organizational and analytical skills
· Are proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Are a team player with flexible approach and happy to take the initiative.
· Have good interpersonal and networking skills.
· Are fluent in written and spoken English; written and spoken communication skills in another European language is an asset.
· Are comfortable working and communicating with a multicultural team.
· Are willing to communicate and affirm the Christian roots and principles of HFHI
· Are willing to travel up to 5% of the time internationally and domestically.
We have a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
This vacancy is archived.