Supports the formulation and implementation of CO communications and advocacy strategies, supports business development
- Provision of inputs and information for elaboration of CO communication strategy based on corporate communications strategy and UNDP External Communications Action Plan.
- Support to increased awareness of UNDP’s mandate and goals through dissemination of information, organization of public and media events.
- Development and preparation of materials for marketing, visibility and awareness-raising including briefing materials and media materials.
- Ensure branding is in keeping with corporate requirements.
- Organization of publicity, advocacy, knowledge-sharing events and promotional opportunities. Provision of logistics support to the events as the case may be.
- Review of reference materials, identification of reference materials for retention. Maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources.
- Organization and implementation of joint UN information campaigns (UN Day, World AIDS Day, etc).
- Prepares and develops communication material and content for communication material; responsible for proofreading and editorial work, quick and detail research.
- Provide guidance for programme / senior management regarding communication materials Suggestions, inputs, content development, coordination of production and dissemination of media materials, publications, articles and sharing of CO knowledge and successes.
- Updates and maintains CO web sites in line with corporate requirements.
- Preparation of the content for the web sites ensuring consistency of the materials.
- Maintenance of other web sites, social media platforms and databases as assigned.
- Liaise with Media Companies for the publication of Advertisements and placements of other UN publications/messages.
- Support to CO staff and project teams/personnel in identification, documenting and drafting of success stories, best practices and lessons learned.
- Organization of training for the CO staff and project personnel on effective communications and advocacy.
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Makes research of contacts in the media, government, private sector, donors, other agencies, civil society in other stakeholders for UNDP’s advocacy efforts
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Documents innovative strategies and new approaches
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Disseminate information and materials on UNDP’s development/humanitarian activities
- Maintains networks and knowledge assets for use in visibility and image activities
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Completed Secondary education.
- A University diploma in Communications or related field would be an asset.
- Five years of relevant experience at the national level in providing communication services to promote the activities of large institutions (international development organization experience an advantage);
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Demonstrable strengths in research, writing, editing and social media experiences;
- Experience in handling of web-based management and database systems.
- Fluency in English;
- Other official language of the UN will be desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: One year (renewable)